On this page of the Valheim game guide you will find information about the Plains biome. You will learn about the resources which can be found in this area. You can also check what kind of enemies can be encountered there.
Plains are the most difficult biome to survive in. This is the only place where you will come across organized enemy settlements. Aside from that, you will also find plants which don't grow in other biomes.
The Plains are primarily a source of plants. These are:
- Flax - a plant required to craft Linen thread. It usually grows in Fuling villages. It can be replanted and grown, but only within this particular biome;
- Barley - like flax, it grows in Fuling villages. You can use it to produce food. It can be replanted and grown, but only within this particular biome;
- Cloudberries - grow widely throughout the biome. They are an ingredient used to produce some foods and mead which gives a bonus to stamina.
Additionally, stone and wood can also be found in the Plains area.
After the Hearth and Home update, you can also find tar in the Plains biome. It's located in specific spots that resemble pits. To obtain it, you must dig trenches to drain the excess ooze and dry the land.
Creatures and animals
Few creatures live on the Plains and all of them will be aggressive towards you. This means that you have to be especially careful when exploring this area. The creatures that inhabit this biome are:
- Lox - a huge animal resembling a buffalo. It only becomes aggressive when you get very close. It can deal a lot of damage, but it moves relatively slowly. It is a source of meat. It can also be tamed, allowing you to use it as a mount;
- Fuling - small creatures that can do a lot of damage. They have different types of weapons. They are fast which makes them hard to hit. They form groups concentrated in villages. They drop Black metal scraps when killed.
- Fuling shaman - can only be found in Fuling villages. The shamans wield magic and deal fire damage. They also hold a shield which protects them from receiving damage. The shield can be destroyed if you hit it with your attacks;
- Fuling Berserker - a stronger version of the Fuling. They wield a club, which they use as a weapon. You will only encounter them around settlements. They drop Black metal scraps when killed.
- Deathsquito - a small, fast, and high damage creature. Since it has very few health points, it is easy to kill it with one hit.
- Growth- lives in tar pits. Shoots ooze that slows and poisons you. When fighting it, you should stay in constant motion and attack from a distance.