This page of the Valheim guide contains all the important information about the Fermenter. You'll learn e.g. how to build the Fermenter, how to make potions, and how long the fermentation process takes.
The Fermenter is a sizable wooden tank that is used to prepare potions from the Mead base. The Fermenter, just like the Workbench, must be placed under a roof to function properly.
How to build the Fermenter?
You can build the Fermenter with a Hammer (Crafting tab), but you will need a Forge and the right resources to do so.
- 30 pieces of Fine wood;
- 5 Bronze bars;
- 10 pieces of Resin.
How to make potions?
To make the potions, you will need a specific mead base, which can be crafted in a Cauldron. Only then can you add the product to the Fermenter and start the fermentation process.
You will, of course, need honey to craft any mead base. If you don't know how to obtain honey, you can find the necessary information on a separate page of our guide.
All the mead base recipes available in Valheim are listed below.
- Mead base:Poison resistance: 10 Honey, 5 Thistle, 1 Neck tail, 10 Coal;
- Mead base: Minor healing: 10 Honey, 5 Blueberries, 10 Raspberries, 1 Dandelion;
- Mead base: Medium healing: 10 Honey, 4 Bloodbags, 10 Raspberries, 1 Dandelion;
- Mead base: Frost resistance: 10 Honey, 5 Thistle, 2 Bloodbags, 1 Greydwarf eye;
- Mead base: Minor stamina: 10 Honey, 10 Raspberries, 10 Yellow Mushroom;
- Mead base: Medium stamina: 10 Honey, 10 Cloudberries, 10 Yellow Mushroom;
- Mead base: Tasty: 10 Honey, 10 Raspberries, 5 Blueberries.
Take the ready honey base to the Fermenter and drop it inside. It takes 2 in-game days to for each fermentation process to finish - you cannot use the Fermenter during this time. When the fermentation process is complete, the screen will show an appropriate message (Done) and you will be able to collect the potions.
Regardless of the type of you make, you will receive 6 potions when the fermentation process is complete. The items will fall out of the Fermenter and can go right into your inventory if you stand close enough to the tank.