This unofficial guide to Valheim contains information regarding this unusual survival game. Thanks to it, you'll be able to deal with problems that often appear while exploring the Viking nether world.
The guide has been divided into four parts. The first part is dedicated to explaining basic gameplay mechanics, such as crafting, obtaining food, constructing buildings, or exploration.
The second part is an FAQ section that offers answers to the questions that may arise during the game. If you're wondering how to, e.g. find a fishing rod, how to tame a boar, or what happens to your equipment after dying, check out this part of the guide.
The third part is a world atlas. Here, you'll find the locations of all bosses that can be encountered in Valheim along with tips on how to defeat them. We've also added descriptions of biomes appearing in the game.
- Valheim: Beginners tips
- Valheim: Basics
- Valheim: FAQ
- Valheim: Bosses
- Valheim: Biomes
- Valheim: PC system requirements
Valheim: Beginners tips
- Don't forget about food - even if you cannot die from hunger, food is an important part of the game, as it affects how many health points your character has. The amount of received HP depends on the type of the meal and accumulates along with the total amount of eaten food.
- Have storage space for everything - the game has numerous types of items that you'll gather as you play. Unfortunately, the carrying capacity of your character is limited. This is why you should have chests that will store your loot. To not get lost, have separate chests for different types of items.
- Explore your surroundings cautiously - you'll encounter many different types of opponents when exploring the map. When exploring, don't get too cocky and constantly watch your surroundings for incoming enemies. This way, you'll lower the risk of meeting potentially dangerous entities.
- Gather all encountered resources - new crafting blueprints are learned by gathering resources needed to produce them. For that reason, pick up every new resource that you encounter along the way. This way, you'll be able to craft more and more advanced items.
- Make use of trolls - aside from bosses, trolls are one of the most powerful opponents. Even though their attacks are deadly, these creatures can be immensely useful. Their attacks can cut down trees or mine metals. All you have to do is to lure it to the desired spot and provoke it to attack.
More starting tips can be found on a separate page of the guide – Beginner's tips.
- Day 1 - how to survive?
- Metal mining and smelting
- Character development
- Inventory management
- All armors
- Gestures, Emotes
- Indoor fire
- Trophies - what are they for?
- Honey - how to produce it?
- Core wood - how to get it?
- Ancient Seeds - how to get them?
- Fine wood - how to get it?
- Black metal scraps - how to get them?
- Ancient bark - how to get it?
- Guck - how to get it?
- Ooze - how to get it?
- Needle - how to get it?
- Barley - how to get it?
- Flax - how to get it?
- Cloudberries - how to get them?
- Dragon egg - how to get it?
- Bloodbag - how to get it?
- Freeze gland - how to get it?
- Entrails - how to get it?
- Turnip seeds - how to get them?
- Surtling core - how to get it?
- Obsidian - where to find it?
- Terrain - how to level?
Crafting and equipment
- Items and buildings - how to repair them?
- Stack of items - how to separate?
- Equipment - can it be increased?
- Weight capacity - how to increase it?
- Antler pickaxe - how to unlock it?
- Stagbreaker - how to unlock?
- Cart - how to create and use it?
- Workbench - how to upgrade?
- Fishing rod - how to get it?
- Silver - how to find it?
- Iron Sledge - how to unlock it?
Exploration and survival
- Death - how to recover items?
- Meat - how to cook it?
- How to catch fish?
- Boars - how to tame them?
- Buried treasure - how to find it?
- Seeds - how to use them?
- The world - how is it generated?
- Death - what are the causes?
- Vendor seed - how to connect?
- Enemies spawn point - how to block it?
- Best weapon - which one?
- Poison resistance - how to obtain it?
- Dandelion - where to find it?
- Queens jam - how to make it?
- Valuables - where to find them?
- Mountain frost - how to survive?
- The Elder
Valheim: PC system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 7 64-bits
- CPU: Dual Core 2.6 GHz
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 (1 GB)
- Drive space: 1 GB
A PC with the above specification is the minimum needed to run the title. More information about Valheim system requirements can be found on a separate page of the guide – System requirements.
About Valheim Guide
Author : Agnieszka "aadamus" Adamus for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : February 16, 2021
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Valheim Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Iron Gate Studio
- publisher: Coffee Stain Publishing
- platform: PC
More About Valheim
This article lists all the best video games already available on consoles and PC in 2021. It will be updated regularly, to ultimately create a list of all the GOTY 2021 candidates.