On this page of our trophy guide to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves we have prepared general information about the in-game trophies. You will learn, among other things, how to unlock the platinum trophy and how much time it takes to complete the game in 100%. Also, we have divided all trophies into a few main categories.
- General information about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Trophies
- Do Uncharted 2 on PS3 and Uncharted 2 Remastered on PS4 have identical trophies?
- Trophy types
General information about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Trophies
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has a platinum trophy. Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to earn platinum trophy on PS3, and this is because some of the trophies from the basic set are associated with multiplayer mode. Uncharted 2 multiplayer servers were shut down on September 3, 2019 and this unfortunately excludes the possibility of unlocking multiplayer trophies.
- The platinum trophy can be easily unlocked in the remastered version for PS4, because Uncharted 2 Remastered doesn't have any multiplayer content. All remastered version trophies are associated with single player mode.
- The PS3 version forces you to complete the game at least twice. This is because the Crushing difficulty level can only be unlocked after you complete the game on Hard difficulty level. The PS4 Remaster allows you to complete the game just once in order to get the trophy. The Crushing difficulty level is unlocked by default and you can select it even during your first adventure with the game.
- There are 101 treasures/collectibles that can be found in Uncharted 2. Fortunately, you don't have to find all the secrets when you play the game for the very first time. Uncharted 2 has a 'select chapter' feature which allows you to repeat a particular chapter of main story campaign (that has been completed). You can easily return to specific chapters and collect all missing treasures.
- Many trophies are associated with in-game combat. A great convenience in this case is the fact that game keeps track of all your attacks. If you find a good spot to kill enemies in order to earn a particular trophy, you can load the last checkpoint each time you wipe out all opponents and attack them again. You won't lose any previous progress to unlock the trophy.
- The PS4 Remaster has several trophies related to the so-called speedruns, that is, passing the game on time. Fortunately, only three chapters of the main campaign have to be completed on time in order to earn platinum trophy. Completing the whole game within the set time limit is one of the additional trophies and it is not included in the requirements of the platinum trophy.
Do Uncharted 2 on PS3 and Uncharted 2 Remastered on PS4 have identical trophies?
No, the trophies are slightly different for the PS3 and PS4 versions. The PlayStation 4 Remaster doesn't have any multiplayer trophies. This is due to the fact that Remaster doesn't have any multiplayer modes - it only has a single player mode.
The PS4 version has over 10 brand new trophies that were not available in the original PlayStation 3 edition. These are related to the following aspects: speedruns, completing the campaign at a crushing level of difficulty or using the built-in cheat codes. Most of the new trophies are included in the additional set called Trophies of the extended collection. This means that they're fully optional and aren't required to earn the platinum trophy.
Our trophy guide has been divided into several sections. In each section we have described different types of trophies. We have divided the trophies to the following categories and types:
- Secrets - a description of trophies which can only be acquired after all the treasures have been found.
- Combat - description of trophies that can be earned by using various types of firearms.
- Melee combat - description of trophies that can be earned during battles or fights by performing melee attacks.
- Weapons - description of trophies that can be earned only by using a particular type of weapon.
- Story - description of trophies associated with your progress in the game.
- Multiplayer - a description of trophies associated with multiplayer modes and online gameplay.
- Other - description of trophies that are not directly corresponding to the aforementioned types or categories.
Please check the Full list of trophies - PS3 to find out more about the category of a particular trophy you are interested in.