This guide to Uncharted 2 Among Thieves contains a complete set of information useful for completing all the chapters, finding all the secrets and unlocking the platinum trophy. The most important part is a detailed walkthrough for the game's 26 chapters. Our guide describes where to go and how to deal with opponents. The standard walkthrough is enriched with puzzle solutions and tactics for defeating the bosses (including the final boss).
The second large section of the guide contains detailed information on how and where to find all 101 treasures (100 secrets + 1 unique artifact). We indicate the exact location of each of the collectibles and inform when you can find them.
The third big section is the trophy guide, in which we described all the available trophies for the PS3 and PS4 versions (Uncharted 2 Remastered). You will learn about their requirements and how to easily unlock them. We have also included pages focused on the controls and the time needed to complete Uncharted 2.
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is one of the most popular action-adventure games in the history of this genre. Once again, you play as the charismatic treasure hunter Nathan Drake, who in the company of his friends and associates travels the world to find forgotten ruins and discover artifacts.
In the second Uncharted, the heroes follow directions left by Marco Polo and strive to find the legendary Buddhist artifact called the Cintamani Stone. Uncharted 2 offers a combination of exciting cut-scenes, exploration of tombs and other locations, as well as solving puzzles of varying difficulty.
Lukasz "Crash" Kendryna
- List of all Uncharted 2: Among Thieves chapters
- A list of all secrets in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
- Is it hard to get a platinum trophy in Uncharted 2?
- How long is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves?
- How do I use the photo mode?
- How to enable cheats?
- How to use a different character skin?
- Does Uncharted 2 have multiplayer?
- Does Uncharted 2 Remastered on PS4 have new content?
- Can I purchase Uncharted 2 Remastered separately?
- How much drive space does Uncharted 2: Among Thieves take up?
- Markings and sections
List of all Uncharted 2: Among Thieves chapters
Below you can find a list of all the chapters in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. The second part of the series has 26 chapters. Some chapters are clearly longer than others, and as a result, their walkthroughs can take up two or three separate pages.
- Chapter 1 - A Rock and a Hard Place
- Chapter 2 - Breaking and Entering part 1, part 2 and part 3
- Chapter 3 - Borneo
- Chapter 4 - Dig Site
- Chapter 5 - Urban Warfare part 1 and part 2
- Chapter 6 - Desperate Times part 1, part 2 and part 3
- Chapter 7 - They're Coming With Us
- Chapter 8 - The City's Secret
- Chapter 9 - Path of Light
- Chapter 10 - Only One Way Out
- Chapter 11 - Keep Moving
- Chapter 12 - A Train to Catch
- Chapter 13 - Locomotion
- Chapter 14 - Tunnel Vision
- Chapter 15 - Train-wrecked
- Chapter 16 - Where Am I
- Chapter 17 - Mountaineering part 1 and part 2
- Chapter 18 - Heart of Ice part 1 and part 2
- Chapter 19 - Siege
- Chapter 20 - Cat and Mouse part 1 and part 2
- Chapter 21 - Convoy
- Chapter 22 - The Monastery
- Chapter 23 - Reunion
- Chapter 24 - The Road to Shambhala
- Chapter 25 - Broken Paradise
- Chapter 26 - Tree of Life
A list of all secrets in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
In Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, you can collect secrets - hidden treasures. You can find 100 "standard" treasures plus one Strange Relic. Below is a list of all the collectibles in Uncharted 2. It is worth adding that not every chapter has collectibles. Some levels don't have any secrets.
- Chapter 1 has 5 treasures.
- Chapter 2 has 10 treasures.
- Chapter 3 has 4 treasures.
- Chapter 4 has 3 treasures.
- Chapter 5 has 1 treasure.
- Chapter 6 has 6 treasures.
- Chapter 7 has 4 treasures.
- Chapter 8 has 2 treasures.
- Chapter 9 has 3 treasures.
- Chapters 10 and 11 don't have any treasures.
- Chapter 12 has 5 treasures.
- Chapter 13 has 3 treasures.
- Chapter 14 has 2 treasures.
- Chapter 15 has 3 treasures.
- Chapter 16 has 3 treasures.
- Chapter 17 has 6 treasures.
- Chapter 18 has 6 treasures.
- Chapter 19 has 3 treasures.
- Chapter 20 has 4 treasures.
- Chapter 21 doesn't have any treasures.
- Chapter 22 has 8 treasures.
- Chapter 23 has 9 treasures.
- Chapter 24 has 3 treasures.
- Chapter 25 has 8 treasures.
- Chapter 26 doesn't have any treasures.
Is it hard to get a platinum trophy in Uncharted 2?
No, Uncharted 2's platinum trophy isn't very demanding. The only trophy that can cause you more problems is the one unlocked by completing the entire game on the crushing difficulty level. Some battles can cause you trouble, especially if you have to face more elite opponents wearing armor and equipped with heavy machine guns, sniper rifles or grenade launchers.
If you have the PlayStation 4 remastered version, you don't have to get all the trophies to unlock the platinum trophy. Trophies in the remastered collection are completely optional. This will make it easier for you, as one of the additional trophies called Charted! - Brutal is awarded by completing the game at the highest difficulty level. Our trophy guide for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has all the information on how to unlock them.
How long is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves?
Uncharted 2 isn't a very long game - the main storyline should take you about 10-11 hours. The amount of time spent with the game can be significantly longer if you try to find all 101 treasures and unlock the platinum trophy. In this case, completing the game 100% should take you a little over 20 hours. For more information about the duration of the game and its features, please check out a separate page of our guide - How long does it take to complete Uncharted: Among Thieves?.
How do I use the photo mode?
Photo Mode is only available in the remastered version of Uncharted 2 released on the PS4. In addition, this mode is disabled by default. It must be activated - go to the Game section in the options menu and select On for Photo Mode Enable With option.
From this point on, you can press down on the d-pad to activate the photo mode. You can't use this mode whenever you want to. The game can temporarily block this mode, for example, during a cut-scene.
You can adjust the options before taking a photo, for example, by changing the camera position or choosing a different focus value. The game allows you yo, e.g. use various filters. When you are ready, hide the user interface to take a clean photo (you do this by pressing the SHARE button).
How to enable cheats?
You can use the cheats only after you complete the campaign for the first time (you can do this on any difficulty settings). Open the pause menu, select Bonuses and then go to the Rewards.
The most important category of cheats is in the Tweaks menu. You can turn cheat codes on and off at any time you want. Available cheats:
- Fast Motion - Move faster.
- Slow Motion - Enables slow motion.
- Mirror World - Creates a mirror image of the world.
- Flip World - The world is flipped around.
- Infinite Ammo - Infinite ammo for all weapons.
- One-Shot Kills - Enemies die from a single shot.
- No Gravity - Turn the gravity off.
Other useful cheats can be found in the Weapons menu. You can equip your hero with weapons you have unlocked. This is very useful for some of the trophies that require you to kill enemies with a certain type of weapon.
Note - you can still unlock trophies while using cheats. It may even make it easier to get them.
How to use a different character skin?
New character skins are tied with making progress in the campaign. You can choose from various outfits for Drake or use skins of other characters (e.g. Chloe, Elena, or Flynn). You can select them from the options menu by opening Bonuses, Rewards and Skins.
Applying a particular skin doesn't affect the gameplay, even if it's drastically different in appearance from Nate's default skin.
Does Uncharted 2 have multiplayer?
Unfortunately, no. Multiplayer has been available for a long time since the game's release but only on the PlayStation 3. Uncharted 2 servers were shut down on September 3, 2019. This means that you can't get the platinum trophy for the PS3 version.
The remaster of Uncharted 2 on PS4 doesn't have the multiplayer - it only has single-player content. This means that this version has an easier platinum trophy, and you don't need to have a PS+ subscription to experience all of the game's content.
Does Uncharted 2 Remastered on PS4 have new content?
Apart from minor exceptions, no. The main campaign is the same for PS3 and PS4 versions. They have the same number of chapters and they don't differ much in the PlayStation 4 version.
The PS4 remaster offers 1080p and 60fps gameplay, improved textures and character models, and a better lighting system. As for new features, the remaster has photo mode and over 10 new trophies that weren't available on the PS3.
Can I purchase Uncharted 2 Remastered separately?
Yes, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered can be bought separately, and this applies exclusively to the digital version. You don't have to buy the whole Uncharted: Nathan Drake's Collection game set. This is a more interesting solution if you've finished the other two parts and don't need another copy of these games.
How much drive space does Uncharted 2: Among Thieves take up?
The amount of drive space depends on which version of Uncharted 2 you have:
- The PS3 version of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves will take up about 19 GB.
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered on PS4 will take up about 19 GB.
- Uncharted: Nathan Drake's Collection requires around 46 GB of free storage space on PS4.
Markings and sections
Most levels have two chapters - "walkthrough" focused on the gameplay and "secrets" with locations of all hidden treasures. We have also used special markings - [secret 1], [secret 2], etc. Each link corresponds to a secret with the same number. A detailed description of their location can be found in the "Secrets" chapter so that people who are only looking for information about the collectibles will have an easier time finding them.
Coming Soon Uncharted 2 Guide
This is upcoming Game Guide and Walkthrough for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Video Game.
We are working on it now. We want to publish this Game Guide close to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Release Date.
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Bluepoint Games
- publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
- platform: PS3, PS4