El Presidente is back in the game. This guide to Tropico 6 is a complete collection of information regarding the next installment in the series of economic strategy games. Below, you will find advice on how to run your tropical paradise efficiently. This guide describes all the changes introduced in Tropico 6 as well as all the gameplay mechanics.
Briefly about Tropico 6
Tropico 6 is a humorous economic strategy game representing the city builder subgenre. It is the sixth installment in the series started back in 2001. Tropico 6 is the first installment in the series to be created by Limbic Entertainment - known mainly for Might & Magic: Heroes VII.
In Tropico 6 players once again assume the role of El Presidente - the leader of a small tropical Island state with absolute power over its inhabitants. Players can freely develop their vision of the world - no matter if they want to rule with terror or lead their people towards a bright future.
The gameplay does not differ much from what was featured in previous installments. Players are once again tasked with ruling their tropical state. You have to make sure to maintain your power for as long as possible, by building up people's trust, developing the economy, and maintaining good relations with other factions and superpowers.
How you accomplish that is entirely up to you. Your task is to remain in power and complete assigned objectives. There is no specific way enforced on you. This means you can take care of your people by tending to their needs, building up their trust, and as a result, winning the next elections. You can also rule with an iron fist and establish a totalitarian state, where citizens cannot vote and have no freedom, and every single sign of resistance is brutally vanquished.
Of course, Tropico 6 introduces many changes in comparison with its predecessor. Developers abandoned the Dynasty mechanics. This means, that during the game you will control only a single El Presidente. You can modify him during your playthrough, though. Additionally, there is a new option to modify the palace to fit one's preferences. Players can add additional objects around it, change the color of the ell, and also change the fence surrounding the palace.
Also, a single island has been replaced with an archipelago. Thus, you have to provide proper connections between particular islands. You can do that by building bridges and ports that facilitate transportation between different islands. Additionally, you can allow your subjects to travel using tunnels.
Other significant changes in Tropico 6 include raids - organized events allowing players to acquire precious resources, steal technologies, and recruit Broker - a mysterious character that will help you manage your money on a Swiss account.
Walkthrough guide key
This guide to Tropico 6 uses the following color-coding:
- Buildings you can erect are marked Blue
- Decrees you issue are marked Green
- Constitutional records are marked Orange
- Resources are marked, Brown
- Eras and ages are in Bold.
This section of the guide includes all the basic information about Tropico 6. With it, you will learn about all the changes that make this game different from its predecessors. Moreover, you will find some advice on how to begin your adventure with the game together with some details on particular eras.
- What's New in Tropico 6 - the game features important changes. Learn about five biggest new additions introduced in this installment.
- Starting tips - if you have trouble with beginning the game, check this chapter.
- Eras - similarly to previous entries in the series, the history of Tropico is divided into four eras. This chapter features most important information about each of them.
- Fractions in Tropico 6 - your citizens have unique political views. Most loyal to their beliefs will group into fractions. You will learn more about these fractions in this chapter of the guide.
- Interface - when playing Tropico 6, you will see various indicators and shortcuts to most important functions in the game. With this chapter you will learn about everytihing you see on the screen.
- Almanac - a complete collection of information about the economic and social situation on the island. Here you will learn what you can find in the almanac.
This chapter focuses on mechanics you will encounter in Tropico 6. Among others, you will learn how to make your people happy and how to conduct foreign affairs not to cross any of the superpowers.
- People and trust
- Finance and trade
- Technological development
- Politics and constitution
- Natural disasters
Tropico 6 does not bring numerous changes to the game visuals. Despite that, one needs a computer with relatively better specs to run the game. Below, you can find the minimum requirements your computer has to meet, in order for Tropico 6 to work without problems.
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- CPU: AMD A10 7850K, Intel i3-20003 GHz
- GPU: Radeon HD 7870, GeForce GTX 750 with 2 GB VRAM
- RAM: 8 GB
About Tropico 6 Guide
Author : Agnieszka "aadamus" Adamus for gamepressure.com
Translator : Michal "HANK" Wloczko
last update : March 15, 2019
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Tropico 6 Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Limbic Entertainment
- publisher: Kalypso Media
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE
More About Tropico 6
Building cities is actually quite an old trope in video games. Over the years, many city-builders have appeared on the market, putting us in the roles of architects, kings, and mayors.