This chapter of the guide focuses on Sarpedon, one of the epic heroes in Total War Saga Troy. What is the character's specialty, for whom he will be the best choice, what bonuses he has, and what unique faction units he can recruit.
Sarpedon (King of Lycia) is an Epic Warlord who leads the Lycia faction. With his leadership skills and melee skills, he creates fear in the ranks of the enemy and is able to strengthen his troops by increasing their will to fight. Sarpedon has access to a unique mechanic - the player can accumulate and invest resources in provinces to provide the entire faction with bonuses and unique artifacts: battle bonuses, increased influence and divine will, reduced construction costs, and reduced erection time for all buildings. Sarpedon is an excellent character for all players, who like to use trade and diplomacy.
Sarpedon - bonuses
Playing as Sarpedon, you get a +5% bonus to the speed of movement for chariot units. Moreover, Sarpedon is the only epic hero who received a +10 rating bonus for all diplomatic contracts (not including exchange agreements).
Sarpedon - unique faction units
Sarpedon's troops are primarily fast and light units with a high armor penetration rate. Sarpedon also has access to extremely mobile and menacing chariots, which are excellent for carrying out attacks from the flank.
- Companions of Sarpedon - a heavy unit with a shield and axe that has very high defense. Companions of Sarpedon are capable of causing fear in enemy ranks, and also possess the ability to penetrate armor;
- Lycian Champions - a heavy unit that uses two-handed axes in combat. Lycian Champions have a very high armor piercing value, they can carry out a devastating charge, and also create fear in the ranks of the opponent;
- Lycian Winged Chariots - light chariot units with archers that are characterized by very high speed. They specialize in hit and run tactic.
During the course of a Total War Troy campaign, your character will gain experience points, advance to higher levels, and consequently receive skill points, which can be spent on additional skills and specializations. The following is a list of Sarpedon's skills that may come in handy during this character's campaign.
- Level 2: Seize the Moment with Reduce Damage specialization - an active skill that lowers the melee defense and the weapon damage of enemy units.
- Level 3: The Collector - with this skill you will receive up to 30% more spoils after winning the battle;
- Level 4: Ambassador of Hermes with Starting Cap specialization - reduces the fatigue rate of all units in the army, and also makes units always start the fight fresh and rested;
- Level 5: Warning Shout with Defence specialization - reduces the bonuses an enemy unit receives when attacking from the side or from behind. Additionally, it enhances the melee defense of your units;
- Level 6: Alert with Success Chance specialization - +5 to recruited emissaries' rank. Specialization further increases the chance of success of the emissaries ' missions;
- Level 7: Prayer to Athena with Sword specialization - increases the melee defense of all units, and thanks to the specialization, swordsmen units will gain an even greater bonus;
- Level 8: The Way of Athena with Melee Defense specialization - increases the Hero's defensive capabilities by giving him a total of +12 to melee defense;
- Level 9: Rallying Cry with Area specialization - a long-range skill that increases the units' defense and also increases their morale;
- Level 10: Master Ambusher with Melee & Charge specialization - increases the chance of success of ambushes and that your hero will avoid an opponent's ambush. Moreover, it increases the melee damage of units participating in the ambush and gives a bonus to charge;
- Level 11: Disciple of Ares with Melee specialization - a very large bonus to charge of units in Sarpedon's army. Specialization further increases this bonus for infantry units with a shield;
- Level 12: Stance Shadow with Speed specialization - the hero gains access to a new stance which allows his army to draw the enemy into an ambush at the moment of attack. Your army gets a bonus to the speed of movement during an ambush;
- Level 13: Melee Chariot with Reinforced Melee Chariot specialization - your hero receives a chariot to use on the battlefield which increases his offensive capabilities;
- Level 14: Hallowed Ground with Area specialization - you create an area of hallowed ground where for 45 seconds your units receive bonuses to morale, melee, and ranged defense.
To complete the above Sarpedon character build in Total War Troy you will need 25 skill points. Each skill point spent increases the hero's health pool by 2.5%.