This chapter of the guide focuses on Paris, one of the epic heroes in Total War Saga Troy. What is the character's specialty, for whom he will be the best choice, what bonuses he has, and what unique faction units he can recruit.
Paris (Prince of Troy, brother of Hector) is an Epic Archer who leads the Paris of Troy faction. Like his brother Hector, Paris also boasts exceptional leadership abilities. Paris prefers ranged combat - he has mastered the art of using the bow. Paris is an excellent hero for all players who prefer to avoid close-quarters combat and are best at fighting at a distance.
Paris - bonuses
As a Paris, you get a +10% bonus to damaged done with ranged weapons. What's more, as one of the two epic heroes, Paris received the extremely valuable +5 bonus to gold earned every turn.
Paris - unique faction units
Paris's troops are trained primarily for effective long-distance combat. If you decide on playing as Paris of Troy faction, you will get access to some of the best archers available in Total War Saga Troy. Your army will also have fast warriors with axes and great defensive units.
- Champions of Troy - a heavy unit that uses shields and spears in combat. They are characterized by a very high defense and the ability to switch weapons to shields. In addition, the Champions of Troy have access to additional throwing weapons;
- Trojan Noble Chariots - a medium unit that is characterized by very high speed. It also has additional throwing weapons;
- Trojan Princes - a medium infantry unit with a bow. Trojan Princes are well-armored archers who have a very large range and are also able to shoot accurately in motion;
- Trojan Nobles - another medium infantry unit with a bow. Like the Trojan Princes, these units also have a very large range of fire and can shoot in motion.
During the course of a Total War Troy campaign, your character will gain experience points, advance to higher levels, and consequently receive skill points, which can be spent on additional skills and specializations. The following is a list of Sarpedon's skills that may come in handy during this character's campaign.
- Level 2: Centaur Drill with Speed specialization - with this skill your hero can shoot in motion, and after activation, he receives a 25% bonus to speed for 40 seconds;
- Level 3: Hand Of Artemis with Range specialization - with this skill, your hero will cause more ranged damage and will also have a greater range;
- Level 4: Ambassador of Hermes with Starting Cap specialization - reduces the fatigue rate of all units in the army, and also makes units always start the fight fresh and rested;
- Level 5: Swift of Heel with Damage specialization - the hero gets a +15 bonus to reloading speed and also a +10% bonus to projectile damage;
- Level 6: The Way of Hermes with Swift specialization - increases the Hero's speed by 20% during battle;
- Level 7: Alert with Success Chance specialization - +5 to recruited emissaries' rank Specialization further increases the chance of success of the emissaries ' missions;
- Level 8: Armored by Hephaestus with Melee Resistance specialization - increases the Hero's defensive capabilities;
- Level 9: Apollo's Rain with Pierce Armour specialization - the hero can fire a rain of arrows that falls on a chosen area and severely wounds opponents. Arrows gain a bonus to piercing armor;
- Level 10: Master Ambusher with Melee & Charge specialization - increases the chance of success of ambushes and that your hero will avoid an opponent's ambush. Moreover, it increases the melee damage of units participating in the ambush and gives a bonus to charge;
- Level 11: Follower of Artemis with Bow specialization - increases the range of all ranged units in the army by 6%. Archers get an extra 7% bonus (total +13% to range);
- Level 12: Veil of Nyx with Aura specialization - your hero can carry out night attacks and thus cut off opponents from being able to receive support from allied units. During night battles, the range of Hero's Aura also increases;
- Level 13: Archer Chariot with Light Archer Chariot specialization - your hero will receive access to a chariot on the battlefield which will increase his offensive capabilities;
- Level 14: Inspired Aim with Damage specialization - for 6 seconds your hero gets a bonus of +60% to projectile damage and armor-piercing.
To complete the above Paris build in Total War Troy you will need 26 skill points. Each skill point spent increases the hero's health pool by 2.5%.