This chapter of the guide focuses on Aeneas, one of the epic heroes in Total War Saga Troy. What is the character's specialty, for whom he will be the best choice, what bonuses he has, and what unique faction units he can recruit.
Aeneas (Ruler of Dardania) is an Epic Fighter who leads the Dardania faction. Aeneas is the only epic hero available in Total War Saga Troy able to interpret divine will - he can use their support during battles. Furthermore, Aeneas can ask the souls of dead warriors for advice and thus receive various effects. Aeneas is the perfect hero for all who want to be as close to the Olympic gods as possible and win the battles thanks to their graces.
Aeneas - bonuses
By playing as Aeneas, you will get a +1 bonus to Aphrodite's favor every turn (the Goddess improves diplomatic relations and contributes to population growth). His second bonus is -10% to the cost of living for all light infantry units.
Aeneas - unique faction units
Aeneas' army is mainly composed of a large number of infantry units. Since light troops do not cost much, Aeneas has countless units at his service, which can even flood the enemy with sheer numbers, tie them up in battle, and pave the way for heavier units.
- Dardanian Rabble - light infantry unit with two-handed spears. Dardanian Rabble has very high morale, but in battle, it only works as a cannon fodder;
- Dardanian Defenders - a light unit equipped with a spear and shield. Like the Dardanian Rabble, this unit serves only as cannon fodder;
- Dardanian Chargers - a heavy infantry unit that uses two-handed mace in combat. The Dardanian Chargers are masters of melee combat and are able to carry out devastating attacks. Furthermore, these units are equipped with additional throwing weapons;
- Fearless Swordsmen - a heavy unit with a sword and shield that has a high defense. Fearless Swordsmen are specialized in attacking from the flank and can use additional throwing weapons. In combat, they can use a shield to protect themselves from incoming projectiles;
- Dardanian Defenders - a heavy unit with a mace and shield that has a very strong defense and is able to deal massive damage. They also have special throwing weapons.
During the course of a Total War Troy campaign, your character will gain experience points, advance to higher levels, and consequently receive skill points, which can be spent on additional skills and specializations. Below is a list of Aeneas ' skills that you'll use during the course of this hero's campaign.
- Level 2: Blood of Heracles with Speed specialization - with this skill you will increase the chance of hitting your opponent in melee combat. Speed further increases the hero's mobility which is extremely useful when chasing enemy units;
- Level 3: Disciple of Ares with Melee specialization - all units in your army receive a +15% bonus to charges. The specialization gives shield-equipped units (Fearless Swordsmen, Dardanian Defenders) an additional 20% bonus;
- Level 4: Stalwart with Line of Sight & Resistance specializations - a skill that can greatly thwart the actions of the enemy envoys sent against your hero and further increase the visual range of your army;
- Level 5: Prayer to Athena with Sword specialization- increases the melee defense for all units. The specialization gives Fearless Swordsmen additional bonus to defense.
- Level 6: Rallying Cry with Area specialization - a long-range skill that increases the units' melee defense and also increases their morale;
- Level 7: Warrior's Oath with Elite Melee specialization - reduces the maintenance costs of Aeneas ' elite units;
- Level 8: Heroic Spirit with Unbreakable specialization - your hero will not lose his morale and will never run away;
- Level 9: In Hades ' Shadow with Unspottable specialization - your hero can use stealth in any area and perform a surprise attack;
- Level 10: Wise with any specialization - a skill that will give a little boost to the economics of your faction. You can choose a specialization that increases wood or stone output, depending on your needs.
- Level 11: Chosen of the Gods with Spear specialization - increases the morale of your troops, and thanks to specialization, units armed with Spears will gain an even greater morale bonus;
- Level 12: Melee Chariot with Reinforced Melee Chariot specialization - your hero receives a chariot which increases his offensive capabilities;
- Level 13: The Shout with Morale specialization - a long-range skill that increases the combat capabilities of units (weapon strength, melee attack) and their morale;
- Level 14: Veil of Nyx with Aura specialization - your hero can carry out night attacks and thus cut off opponents from being able to receive ally support. During night battles, the range of the Hero's Aura also increases.
To complete the above Aeneas character build in Total War Troy you will need 26 skill points. Each skill point spent increases the hero's health pool by 2.5%.