One of the main quests solved in the Bloom (a giant, living organism) is Into the Depths. During its first part you will be asked to reach the Heart Interior. While the first part of the trip isn't hard, you might encounter some trouble once you reach the Nethermost Cavity. More specifically, the problems can start in the last location before the Heart. Soon after entering the Nethermost Cavity, the party will be attacked by monsters. Making sure that you will successfully reach the destination might be challenging. The most important information and advice related to this topic can be found below.
A crisis will start after you take a few steps forward in the Nethermost Cavity. These are a few facts related to it:
- Your main and only task is to reach the entrance to the Heart Interior (M24.4). Don't try to kill all the Corpuscular Maws on the map as it is not the objective of the crisis and soon new creatures like that might appear.
- If you have previously completed the side quest A Hilt without a Blade in the Bloom, your journey through the Chamber will become slightly easier thanks to the fact that Abykos will be there. The creature is friendly towards you and during the first few turns (until he dies) he will be distracting some of the opponents. In addition to that, you will be able to use Transdimensional Scalpel, which you obtained in that quest. It will make it easier to carve your path to the Maw that leads to the Heart.
- If you haven't killed Inkpot and other cult members in the Vast Interior in the Bloom (M16.1), then after a few turns since the beginning of the crisis they might appear in the location and join the Corpuscular Maws. This should "encourage" you to focus on leaving this location as their attacks will be stronger.
- Your whole party doesn't need to reach the Heart Interior. Don't worry if one of your party members dies on your way there. You should however try to keep them alive as long as possible.
- Heart Interior will be attempting to stop the party from reaching the destination by causing earthquakes. The quakes don't deal damage, but the characters knocked over by it are unable to perform actions until the turn ends. Because of that, you should focus on reaching the destination instead of waiting for one selected person to be able to finally perform action you want.
You can reach the Maw that leads to the Heart Interior in two ways. First option is to reach the Tongue Clusters on the sides of the room (M24.2). It is better to select the western Clusters as new enemies might soon appear near the eastern ones. Once you reach a Cluster, you must spend an action point and complete an Intellect test. This will remove selected sacs.
The second way is breaking through the two central sacs (M24.3) that separate the party from the Maw. After interacting with a sac you can select one of the available abilities and try completing a test. If you succeed, the sac will be destroyed. You can also use the Transdimensional Scalpel and get rid of the sac immediately.
Once you reach the Maw that guards entrance to the Bloom (M24.4), you must complete a test of one of the skills twice (preferably with two different party members to make things faster) or you must use the Transdimensional Scalpel again. This will end the crisis and take you to the Heart Interior (M24.5).