Crystalline Cavern Map - M22
Torment: Tides of Numenera Guide
Key points of Torment: Tides of Numenera M22 - Bloom: Crystalline Cavern
Important areas on the map
Exits from locations
Important NPC's (quest givers, traders etc.)
New potential team members
It blocks you from the room with the Annulet. You can disable it by interacting with the main machine.
It's reponsible for powering nearby devices. The options from the list allow to:
- read the runes (Anamnesis required) +2PD
- shutting off side devices
- activating the pod (new options after you get to it)
- turning off the force field (crystalvores will appear)
- destroying the machine (crystalvores will appear)
An additional option becomes available once you return to the machine after examining the pod. You can then disable the force field without monsters showing up (+4XP).
You can examine it after you activate it thanks to interacting with the main machine. Read all of the experiments notes to obtain 2 XP and to receive new knowledge. You can use this knowledge to safely disable the force field after using the main machine.
Reach it if crystalvores have appeared in the area. You will activate protection fields which will help you in avoiding their most powerful attacks.
Magmatic Annulet's housing
Touch the central symbol while playing as the main character to obtain the Magmatic Annulet (quest item tied to the "Dragocen's Price" main quest).
There are two stashes in the room. Aside from shins they also contain Hiro's Fury and Devouring Shell cyphers.
M20 – Exit to: Ascension.
The above map shows the Crystalline Cavern, which is a relatively small cave. You can get here by unlocking the passage during your stay in Ascension, which has been described on the previous page (map M20).
Visiting the Crystalline Cavern has one goal, i.e. obtaining the Magmatic Annulet for the sake of the main quest, Dracogen's Price. It's not that simple though, since first you need to neutralize a force field - additionally, you also have to mind that several monsters may appear (crystalvores). The most important devices found in the cave are listed below. The precise instruction for recovering the Magmatic Annulet can be found on the page concerning the mentioned main quest.
Key locations of the Crystalline Cavern
1. Force field. It guards the passage to the Magmatic Annulet. You can turn it off by using the main machine (a couple of different options on the list will do it).
2. The main machine. It controls some of the nearby devices. The options on the list allow you to:
- Read the runes (requires Anamnesis) +2XP
- Turn off side devices +2XP
- Activate the pod (new interaction will be available after reaching it)
- Turn off the force field (crystalvores will appear)
- Destroy the machine (the force field will be turned off and crystalvores will appear)
An additional, unique option appears if you examine the pod and then come back to the machine. You can then turn off the force field without the risk of the monsters appearing (+4XP).
3. The capsule. You can examine it after it's activated via the main machine. Go through the experiment notes and you will get 2 XP and unlock a new way of turning the force field off when you use the machine again.
5. Magmatic Annulet's housing. Touch the central symbol while playing as the main character to obtain the Magmatic Annulet (this is the item related to the Dracogen's Price quest). In the room with this item there are also two stashes with shins and two cyphers: Hiro's Fury and Devouring Shell.