Murden Treasure Trove is one of the unique locations in Torment: Tides of Numenera. As the name suggest, inside you may gain possession of some valuable items. Aside from a large number of shins, the list includes various artifacts and a quest item. Finding the trove will also enable you to unlock one of the game's trophies (Ill-Gotten Gains).
Below, you'll find instructions on how to reach the treasure room. We've also listed the most important / valuable item you will find inside.
The entrance to the trove is, obviously, hidden, and can be discovered once you reach the Old Slave Block in Bloom (the giant living organism visited in the later parts of the game). Having reached the location, you'll have to move to its western end, where you'll find a locked door. You can open it with a skill or with a key you may have acquired from the Murden Chief earlier. Once you open the door, a conversation will Shinwise, who was imprisoned here, will be triggered. Let him out, so you're able to explore the location yourself.
Having enetered the location, you'll be informed of an impending crisis. Do not leave the room, but face the danger TOGETHER WITH YOUR PARTY. After a moment, several Corpuscular Maws will appear. Fight them. They shouldn't pose much of a challenge, assuming you eliminate them one by one. Getting rid of the hostile creatures will activate the portal near the great Maw in the corner. Interact with it.
Using the portal near the great Maw will lead you to your longed-for treasure room. The murden treasury contains, aside from shins and sellable oddities, the following unique artifacts:
- Feather Cloak (cape) - armor 2, resistance 3, movement speed +20%
- Astronomical Merecaster - you can use it and complete a paragraph scene
- Heart of Mal'i (cypher) - an effect of the same name as the item, neutralizing fettles and restoring one point of might, speed, and intellect per turn for 5 turns.
- Black metal frame (quest item)
- Soul of the Forgotten (oddity) - examine it in your inventory and swallow the pill to gain 2 exp (use Anamnesis first, and you will gain 4 exp instead).
Inside the treasure room, you'll also find a pickaxe, which you can examine and use Concentration on to gain 15 exp. Then, the game will give you the option to steal 180 shins, but if you decide to do so, your character will be affected by Demoralized fettle [demoralizacja] (stat penalty until next rest).