Small Nihilesh Map - M19
Torment: Tides of Numenera Guide
Key points of Torment: Tides of Numenera M19 - Bloom: Small Nihilesh
Important areas on the map
Exits from locations
Important NPC's (quest givers, traders etc.)
New potential team members
Mutants and Memovira's thugs
You will meet a couple of Memovira's thugs from the "Rumblings of Discontent" side quest here. You can help solve their conflict with the mutants, assist them in killing the mutants, allow the mutants to kill them (move away from the crisis area) or help the mutants in murdering the thugs.
Gar-koto is inside the tank. This being will give you "The Newborn Maw" side quest.
Delny and Vrung
These characters are tied to the "Twice the Trouble" side quest received from Qianne (M15.2).
Delny can help you in finding out what the Maw desires - "The Newborn Maw" side quest.
You can talk to her about sacrificing her to the Maw - "The Newborn Maw" side quest.
You can examine it and feed it as a part of "The Newborn Maw" side quest (the game will allow to do that in many ways). This will unlock a portal to the Lost Anchorage.
Alternatively you can use the Trandimensional Scalpel from the "A Hilt Without a Blade" side quest (M16.6).
Search the construct using Quick Fingers to obtain a bonded item - Chiurgeon Sphere (restoring health for the next 5 turns).
Talk to him and allow him to feed on one of your companions so that Kwherezimian will show up. Exhaust all dialogue topics during this new conversation and you'll earn 2 XP and increase your Tidal Affinity skill.
Crimper - You can use Quick Fingers to steal Musical Log from him. You should also allow him to teach the main character new things and you'll obtain Ancient Spirit Cube and Everlit (all items are oddities, the cube can be extra examined).
Search the trash to find the Broken Lascar Helm (quest item).
This is a small separate location. You'll encounter ghosts and find two stashes and a control panel. You can talk to the ghosts (they may come in handy in "The Newborn Maw" side quest), tell them about Qianne (+2XP) and use Anamnesis to transfer them to the main character's Labyrinth.
At the beginning of the conversation or later you can retrieve the Transdimensional Power Source from the device (quest item needed in the "A Hilt Without a Blade" quest - M16.6).
M16 – Passageway to: Vast Interior.
M21 – Portal to: Lost Anchorage. It won't be available until you activate the Maw.
The map depicts Small Nihilesh, one of the many locations being part of the gigantic living organism known as Bloom. In Small Nihilesh, you'll be able to conclude several quest from other locations and begin some new ones. One of them focuses on openenig the portal near the Maw, which will enable the party to reach an optional location - Lost Anchorage. One more thing you'll find here is a passage to Katena Interior, although the latter area is very small. It doesn't have a separate map in our guide and was described below.
Points of interest in Small Nihilesh
1. Mutants and Memovira's thugs. A few steps after you enter Small Nihilesh, an event will be triggered. You'll encounter a group of Memovira's thugs related to the quest Rumblings of Discontent surrounded by mutants. There are several things you can do here: you can defuse the situation, you can help kill the mutants, or you can either allow the thugs to be killed by mutants (simply walk away without taking action), or help the mutants kill the thugs.
2. Spherical tank. Inside the tank, you'll find Gar-koto. The creature will have a side quest for you - The Newborn Maw - requiring you to investigate the inactive Maw and opening the nearby portal.
5. Maw. You can examine and feed it in the course of the side quest The Newborn Maw (there are several ways you can do this - you'll find the details in the walkthrough for this specific quest). This will open up the portal leading to Lost Anchorage. Alternatively, you can also use the scalpel from the Hilt without a blade quest M16.6) to open the Maw. All these actions will lead to unlocking the portal to The Lost Anchorage.
The Lost Anchorage itself is connected to two quests: Dracogen's Price (main) and Marooned on an Alien Shore (side).
7. Aen-tozon. Talk to him and let him feed on one of your companions for the Kwherezimian to show up. Talk with the newly-appeared character and exahust all available topics, which will yield you 2 exp and a permanent increase of your Tidal Affinity skill.
8. Thrash. Crimper - You can use Quick Fingers to steal the Musical Log from him. If you let him teach your character some new things, you'll also acquire Ancient Spirit Cube and Everlit (both items are oddities, and the Cube can be examined in your inventory).
Search the thrash and you'll find the Broken Lascar Helm (quest item; it will be needed once you reach Lost Anchorage).
9. Katena Interior. It's a small, separate location. Inside, you'll encounter ghosts, two hidden stashes, and a control panel. You can talk to the ghosts after you interact with the panel (they will be useful during The Newborn Maw quest), tell them of Qianne (+2 exp) and use Anamnesis to move the ghosts inside the Labyrinth inside the main character's mind.
During your conversation with the ghosts, you can pull out the Transdimensional Power Source (it's a quest item, required to finish the Hilt Without a Blade side quest - M16.6) from the device. Depending on moment when you choose to do this (at the beginning or later on) you'll be able to do this on the spot, or after having used a few skills.