Memovira's Courtyard Map - M15
Torment: Tides of Numenera Guide
Key points of Torment: Tides of Numenera M15 - Bloom: Memovira's Courtyard
Important areas on the map
Exits from locations
Important NPC's (quest givers, traders etc.)
New potential team members
You begin the exploration of Bloom here after escaping from Miel Avest in "The Sanctuary of Miel Avest" main quest. Talking to Dracogen begins a new main quest - "Dracogen's Price".
You can receive "Twice the Trouble" side quest from her.
Qianne offers a chance to rest and it costs 65 shins per person. You can lie and rest for the first time for free.
Parsim Flint offers slaves for sale. You can buy Coty from him (400 shins or 300 if you'll pass the negotiations).
You can ask Coty to steal something for you or you can complete the "Freedman" side quest to find him a job.
It's closed. Brusca can give you the "Rumblings of Discontent" side quest.
You can talk to Brusca about a job for Coty ("Freedman" quest).
She's selling various items - usable items, melee weapons, ranged weapons, shields, cyphers and bonded items.
There's a pool nearby. You can drink water to get the Bloom Juiced fettle (drinking again will kill the main character), pour some of the water into the bottle or use Might and dive in. You'll fish out the Warding Worm cypher.
Examine the compartment and use Quick Fingers to obtain 2XP and Hyper-coolant Spray cypher.
You can examine it carefully and use Quick Fingers to obtain the Sunspot Icon cypher.
You can talk to Waits-for-prey and exhaust all conversation topics to earn XP. You can attack him and engage in a difficult duel with him.
This being appears here later on. You can talk to it and unlock the "Preservation of Beauty" side quest.
M16 – Passageway to: Vast Interior.
M25 – Gate to: Memovira's Fortress. You can't enter it at first. You will have a longer visit there while completing the "Into the Depths" main quest.
The above map shows Memovira's Courtyard. This is the first of several big locations in The Bloom, which is a huge, living organism, where you get automatically after running from the Miel Avest Sanctuary. Even in the initial parts of The Bloom you will find many interactive objects and NPCs offering all kinds of services and opportunities of getting new side quests. The most important areas of the Courtyard can be found below. In the north-west corner of this location, you can find a passage to another area of The Bloom - Vast Interior.
Resting spot in Memovira's Courtyard
It's actually good to lie the first time, and convince Qianne to give you a free bed.
You can ask Qianne to let you rest - she's close to the place where the exploration of The Bloom begins (M15.1). She will demand that you pay 65 shins per person, but you can lie that you don't have that much money and ask her to let you rest for free. She will agree only once - every other time, she will demand payment. Use free rest only when the team is extremely exhausted - this will allow you to save the most money (it's 260 shins for a 4-person team).
Note - An important information is that Qianne gives you the quest Twice the trouble. Finishing this quest might enable you to get free rest from her.
Other key locations in Memovira's Courtyard
1. Starting area. The exploration of The Bloom begins here, after running from Miel Avest during the main quest, The Sanctuary of Miel Avest. Conversation with Dracogen will activate another main quest - Dracogen's Price.
2. Qianne. She can give you a quest: Twice the Trouble. Your team can rest at Qianne's for 65 shins per person. If you lie, you can get one rest for free.
3. Slave auction. Parsim Flint sells slaves. You can but Coty from him (for 400 shins. You can get Coty for 300 if you pass the bargain test).
You can ask Coty to steal some shins or other valuable items. The first such endeavor will end with success, and you will get an item that can be sold to one of the merchants. THe second attempt will end with Coty being killed during a theft attempt, and you can be even accused of ordering the theft. There's also a quest connected with Coty - Freedman and it's about finding a job for Coty.
4. Memovira's Fortress. It's closed. Brusca gives a side quest, Rumblings of Discontent. You can also talk with Brusca about a job for Coty (the Freedman quest).
5. Skaydi. She sells all sorts of things - single-use items, melee weapons, ranged weapons, shields, cyphers and bonded items.
There's a water reservoir nearby. You can drink some water and gain the Bloom Juiced fettle (drinking it the second time will get you a qucik trip to the Labyrinth); you can also take some water to a bottle (you can drink it later to get the same effect); or use Might and dive in the reservoir, which will allow you to fish out the Warding Worm cypher.
8. Challenge Arena - talk with Waits-for-prey and use all of the dialogue options to acquire additional Experience Points. You can engage in a tough fight (to learn more, read How to defeat Waits-for-prey in Bloom?). Alternatively, Into the Depths enables us to use Persuasion on the being and agree to be eaten by the Maw - this is one of the ways of getting access to The Gullet.
9. Decanted. This creature appears later in this location (first, it will be talking with Dracogen and you'll have to wait until the end of that meeting). You can talk to it and unlock a side quest, Preservation of Beauty.