How to unlock: Speak with Master Rennio in Caravanserai (M7.2).
The quest is very simple - you just have to locate Erritis and send him back to Master Rennio.
Speak with Master Rennio (M7.2) about his airship and current journey. You learn that currently he is not flying anywhere because he has a problem with a certain thief who stole one of his airships. Tell him that you want to help and find the thief. Go to Cliff's Edge and find Erritis (M6.11) who matches that thief's description perfectly. Speak with him and, by using Persuasion, convince him to speak with Rennio.
Alternatively when you travel with Erritis, he can be recognized by Master Rennio when you speak with him.
You must resolve the conflict between these two men. Join the conversation - Master Rennio demands a compensation for the broken airship. You have a few options:
- You can pay 300 shins for Erritis (40 XP).
- You can say that 300 shins is too much and say that the city should help to resolve this conflict by the use of legal actions. Go to the Government Square and speak with Council Clerk (M5.1). Bribe him or use one of your skills to get his attention. Then, speak with him about Erritis' case. If you want to convince the Clerk that the city should take part in this conflict you must have the support of one of the influencial people in Sagus Cliffs. It can be Peliai (you must help her in Shaky Foundations side quest) or Lord Vuntgen (you must help him in Hidden Enemy side quest).
- Deceive Master, telling him that Erritis is not sane (40 XP).
- Use Persuasion and declare that The Changing God cultists will pay the debt (you just have to speak with a group of cultists that is nearby and send them to work, receiving 40 XP).
- Order Erritis to work until the debt is paid (40 XP, Erritis will work for some time and,until he finishes, you can't recruit him)
Regardless of your choice, the debt is paid and you can use the transportation to new locations (On the Builder's Trail main quest).