How to unlock: Speak with Tol Maguur in Circus Small (M3.14).
Got to the slaves' square and speak with a slaver called Tol Maguur (M3.14). She says that she can share a very valuable information with you if you help her with one of her missing slaves, Rhin. According to the quest giver, the girl went to Cliff's Edge district - go there. When you arrive, speak with Aidan Sitabo (M6.1), ask him if he saw the girl. From him you can learn that the girl crawled from a crevice in a ruined house. Also, you can ask Loss-of-Self but it is not required.
Interact with the ruined house in order to find Rhin.
Go north, where you can find an easily recognizable ruined house (M6.10). Interact with it and burrow through the rubbish heap - you will meet with the girl that you are looking for, Rhin. At the same time, a group of bandits will appear. They demand that you give them Rhin back. You can choose from two options:
- Agree with them - the bandits kidnaps the crying girl and the quest ends without any bonuses or rewards;
- Use intimidation/persuasion/deception/quick fingers to convince them that Rhin is not going with them (or to attack their leader and disarm him). Next, you can speak with the girl. If you want, you can lead the conversation in such a way that she joins your team (remember that the member limit is 4 so before you ask her you should dismiss one of your companions). Alternatively, you can give her some shins and let her go but this won't complete the quest.
Accompanied by the girl, return to Tol Maguur (M3.14). From her you learn that Rhin can control other's tides. She says that she can teach you more about tides if you give her Rhin back. You have three choices:
- Agree and hand the girl over to Tol Maguur - you will receive 25 XP and unlock a new skill called Tidal Affinity.
- Refuse and make Tol Maguur change her mind - she demonstrates how destructive the tides can be and starts to deal you damage during the conversation. You should ask her about tides and convince her that keeping Rhin will negatively affect her health and life. Next, use Persuasion to convince her that the girl should stay with you. Tol Maguur agrees with you and, just like with the first option, she teaches you a new skill, Tidal Affinity. You get 25 XP and the girl stays with your team.
- Lead to a confrontation with Tol Maguur - Be aggressive during the conversation and threaten her that you will defend Rhin even if it means bloodshed. The fight breaks out which means that this is the least profitable option. Focus on attacking Tol Maguur. Remember that Rhin has no offensive abilities (and deals minimal damage in close combat) so your other three members have to deal with the slavers. After the battle you can decide on how you want to deal with Tol Maguur's body. You get 25 XP and Rhin can stay with your team.
Regardless of your decision, the mission is complete. If you gave Rhin back, you can buy her at any moment by spending 300 shins.