Combat in Tom Clancy's The Division 2 is one of the main mechanics of the gameplay that cannot be avoided in any way - it is a core element of the gameplay, as there are no non-lethal ways of solving problems in the game. With combat comes health loss and the need to regenerate the character's armor and from this chapter you will learn which abilities in the game are best suited for that job.
Available healing abilities
In The Division 2, the player has access to 3 different special abilities that can be used for healing. Those are:
- Chem Launcher with the Reinforcer (default) upgrade - the ability offering the highest, one-time armor restoration, but the ability is single-use only, with no constant healing. A major advantage of the ability is the fact that it has a short cooldown time, allowing one to use it multiple times during a single encounter.
- Hive with the Restorer (default) upgrade - the ability offering moderate amount of healing with decent duration time. Interestingly, the ability has 25 charges and each can restore a specific amount of armor to the player. What is more, the ability can heal up to 4 characters at the same time. This skill is great when you need to quickly regenerate a large amount of armor and/or when the whole team needs such a treatment.
- Drone with the Fixer upgrade - of all the three abilities, the Fixer repairs the least amount of armor, but has the longest duration, up to 180 seconds. It works great when a character receives continuous, but not too high damage. An additional merit of the skill is the fact that it follows the player - or can be commanded to follow a teammate - which allows one to move freely through the battlefield while getting healed.
There is also the fourth option, the Hive ability with the Reviver upgrade. This ability does not regenerate armor, instead it allows one to revive a fallen companion or automatically revive the player's character once he/she is knocked down.
Which healing abilities are the best?
You are now aware what healing abilities can be found in the game and you need to decide which one to use. It all comes down to the playstyle and the armor restoration needs. When it comes to individual abilities, it looks like this:
- Drone with the Fixer upgrade will be an ideal choice in scenarios where a constant armor repair is required - long encounters with the enemies, during which you cannot avoid taking damage. The amount of armor restored will be the lowest from the three abilities, but the drone will be able to stick around the character for 180 seconds.
- Hive with the Restorer upgrade will be an ideal choice in situations in which you need to regenerate the health of the entire party and/or when you want a shorter, but more intense healing effect than the one received through the Drone.
- Chem Launcher with the Reinforcer upgrade on the other hand will be useful to regularly restore lost armor, due to its short cooldown time. This is the best choice when the character is not under constant fire and you need quick, one-time armor restoration source.
- Hive with the Reviver upgrade is perfectly suited for missions during which death is not an option - during Bounties, Convoys, hostage rescue missions or while in the Dark Zones.