The guide for The Division is a comprehensive compendium encompassing all aspects of the game. The guide begins with starting tips and a description of basic mechanics of the game; each player beginning their adventure with the game will receive the most important information. Among others, you'll study the mechanics of combat, character development, creating, receiving, and modifying equipment, as well as information regarding statistics, abilities, and perks, along with tips regarding fast character development and choosing the right skills.
The guide also contains a complex FAQ section, where players can find answers and solutions to most difficult problems, both for novice and more advanced players - the ways of acquiring crafting materials, unlocking and upgrading abilities and perks, unlocking access to Dark Zones or improving the performance of the game itself. You'll also receive access to tips for multiplayer matches, both in cooperation as well as PvP modes, both on the world map, as well as Dark Zones, and additional gameplay modes. The guide is concluded by Appendix, which contains the list of controls for each platform, as well as system requirements.
The Division 2 is the second installment of a popular series of action games with RPG elements that focuses on multiplayer modes. This time, the action takes place in Washington, a city that is on a verge of collapse. The lives of ordinary citizens are made difficult by organized groups of mercenaries, bandits and marauders. The player once again assumes the role of an agent of Division, an elite unit leaving the shadow to fight new dangers. Same as the first installment, the action is seen from a third person perspective, but this time, the players receive access to a virtual recreation of Washington, D.C. The game was developed by Ubisoft Massive, and received a release on PC, PS4, and XONE.
- Starting Tips
- The Basics
- Character development
- Dark zones
- Does Division 2 offer offline gameplay?
Check these starting tips before beginning the game. They will serve to introduce you to the world of this complex title and will come in handy for novice as well as more experienced players.
- Use covers. The Division 2 is a cover shooter - using covers is mandatory. Always stay behind a cover and remember to change your current position often, especially when there is an opponent attacking from a flank.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. The game offers a minimap (the only exception is dark zones) that marks the locations (using red fields) from which the enemy is coming, giving you time to prepare. Minimap also marks the locations of all nearby pick-ups - those left by the enemy, as well as various backpacks, bags, and chests found in the world.
- Fire short, accurate bursts. On higher difficulty levels, the enemy can soak a lot of damage before dying - accurate fire can render a difficult encounter a simple fight. All you have to do is to aim for the head, or for another weak point on the body (ammo pouches, a grenade that is either thrown or held at the belt)
- Use active abilities. As the character develops and gets access to better equipment, the cooldown time of the abilities will decrease - it is recommended to use active abilities to improve combat efficiency.
- Cooperate with other players. Cooperation during battles is a must - don't run around the map and engage opponents on your own, especially on higher difficulty levels, but rather help your teammates and eliminate targets together. Moreover, the right choice of abilities or a slight modification in your armament can increase your effectiveness in combat.
- Revive downed allies. When the ally's health points go down to 0, they will be knocked down. When that happens, you have sixty seconds to help the ally and revive them. Always pay attention to your allies' health levels and help them if needed.
- Use grenades wisely. Leave the grenades for special occasions, such as more difficult opponents, but also avoid storing them indefinitely. Aside from dealing enormous damage, grenades wreak havoc in enemy ranks and can turn a dangerous situation in your favor, giving your team a few seconds to regroup.
- Have eyes in the back of your head. The enemies in The Division 2 love to throw grenades. Even if normal, frag grenades are not as dangerous as they could be, the non-lethal ones can disorient or incapacitate your character, leaving you completely vulnerable for a few seconds. Always look around the battlefield and if a grenade or an object comes your way, run to a different cover or destroy it mid-air if you can.
- Every enemy has a weak spot. Snipers should be eliminated when they're reloading. Similarly, an LMG-carrying opponent requires a few second to reload the weapon. When enemies fighting in close quarters often charge at the players, leaving them vulnerable to flanking fire and special abilities, such as turrets. Exploit these weaknesses to your advantage.
- Eliminate the most dangerous opponents first. The biggest danger comes from enemies charging at the players - letting them do their thing can wipe out the whole team. Then, take care of snipers - they deal enormous damage, but it is rather easy to defeat them with concentrated fire. Hiding behind cover will allow you to take care of other opponents, while heavily armed opponents can be bypassed by jumping from cover to cover and increasing the distance between you.
- Unlock Weapon and Perk Slots as soon as possible. The first skill enables you to carry an additional main weapon (2 instead of 1), while the second one unlocks the ability to use two active abilities. These skills should be unlocked at the beginning of the game - when you encounter the quartermaster for the first time.
This section describes the basic mechanics of the game. You'll learn about hunting, equipment and character's weight limit, as well as info regarding statistics and abilities, along with a recommended path of development.
This section contains chapters dedicated to character development. Inside, you'll find a description of the character development mechanics, how to unlock and upgrade your abilities, as well as how to manage the abilities to serve various roles, such as a damage dealer, support, or tank.
This section of the guide contains chapters explaining all questions regarding equipment. You'll find a description of parameters and talents of the available weapons and armor, as well as a complete list of item sets, along with bonuses that they offer. The chapter also contains information regarding items recommended for various roles in the party.
This part of the guide describes the mechanics of Dark Zones, beginning from the ways of accessing them and unlocking further zones, up to the description of gameplay on these dangerous areas. Moreover, you can also view the talents and statuses that can be assumed by your character, as well as see tips that will be useful when traversing Dark Zones.
FAQ contains answers to all questions that may arise when playing The Division 2. Here, you'll learn how to develop your character quickly, what skills to unlock firsthand, how to get crafting materials, and how to get high-level equipment quickly.
The final part of the guide contains controls schemes for all platforms, as well as system requirements.
Does Division 2 offer offline gameplay?
Tom Clancy's The Division 2 is an online game that focuses on cooperation gameplay in 4-man (8-man in PvP) groups. Nevertheless, it allows lone players to enjoy most features of the game, but an internet connection is required - you cannot start the game in an offline mode and play single player, as there isn't any.
About The Division 2 Guide
Author : Jakub "jbugielski" Bugielski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Jakub "Yossarian" Nowak
last update : March 1, 2019
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Massive Entertainment / Ubisoft Massive
- publisher: Ubisoft
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE
The second installment in the popular action game series (with RPG elements) that revolve around multiplayer experience. Tom Clancy's The Division 2 is a result of cooperation between Ubisoft Massive and other development teams owned by the French publisher.
Tom Clancy's The Division 2 is the second installment in the action game series with clear RPG elements that revolve around multiplayer online experience. The game described herein was developed by the creators of the original game – Ubisoft Massive; however, other development teams owned by the French publisher have also worked on the game, including Ubisoft Annecy, Redstorm, Reflections, Ubisoft Bucharest, and Ubisoft Shanghai. Similarly to its predecessor, in The Division 2, players observe the action from the third person perspective (TPP), and the high-quality visuals are ensured by the modified version of the Snowdrop Engine technology – a graphics engine that was the foundation for the previous installment. Tom Clancy's The Division 2 is available on several platforms.
More About Tom Clancy's The Division 2
First reviews of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 have surfaced on the web. The scores suggest that Ubisoft managed to create a very good title. What's more, in contrast to many competitors, the game is worth the price from day one.
Fans enjoying Ubisoft's latest online shooter, Tom Clancy's The Division 2, have discovered that issues in the game prevent them from using some of the essential skills of their characters.
Tom Clancy's The Division 2, Ubisoft's new online shooter, enters the fray. While some time will have to pass before we get a good number of reviews, the first impressions from the game are positive so far.
Ubisoft has posted information about the patch for owners of the boxed edition of The Division 2, which they'll download on release day. PS4 owners will download have to from 88 to 92 GB.
Tom Clancy's The Division 2 will only be available on Uplay and Epic Games Store beginning with the day of release. The info comes from the British website Gamesplanet, according to which Ubisoft will ban all independent digital stores from selling the