Currently, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint has one currency available - Skell credits. You can spend it on items - new weapons, pieces of armor, vehicles and cosmetic items. You can also use them to create custom weapons. There are a lot of things you can spend them on - knowing how to earn them fast will make the game much easier. This chapter has information that will help you earn credits fast and show you how to spend them economically.
How to earn Skell credits fast?
There are multiple ways of earning Skell credits. You can get them for:
- Completing missions. By completing missions, you can get from several hundred to several thousand Skell credits. This isn't the quickest way - given the time it takes to complete some missions - however, you will complete them anyway to push the plot forward. This means that you will earn money "by the way."
- Killing enemies. Some dead enemies will drop ammunition, consumables (grenades, mines), and Skell credits (this happens less often). These aren't large sums (usually a few dozen credits), however, you will kill dozens of enemies in each base so this value will add up fast. Moreover, you can increase it by using two abilities called Skell Credits, which together give you a 40% bonus.
- Opening chests. There are hundreds of chests hidden in the world, some of them also offer quite a large amount of Skell credits - from 500 to 2,500. Look for them during exploration.
- Opening unique chests. Some of the large bases have unique chests - in addition to equipment, blueprints and skill points, you can also get large amounts of Skell credits (usually 2,500). Their location can be found in the "Maps" section of this guide.
- Selling items. During the game, you will collect a lot of items - weapons and armors. Weapons are worth disassembling to get crafting materials (this was described in the "Equipment modifications" section). As for armors, it is better to simply sell them - crafting materials obtained through disassembly aren't used for anything and each piece of armor is worth from several dozen to several hundreds of credits. After one good expedition, you can "earn" up to 5,000 credits.
With these five points in mind, you can collect up to tens of thousands of Skell credits in a single raid on an enemy base or after completing a single mission.
Below you can find a few tips that will allow you to effectively increase your wealth:
- Don't buy everything. Getting several (tens of) thousands of Skell credits can be tempting to buy yourself a new weapon or vehicle. However, you should postpone these purchases until you reach higher levels and unlock quality blueprints for custom weapons. This way, you will be able to spend a large amount when you really need it.
- Try to get two Skell Credits abilities. This will cost you only 3 skill points in total but will increase the number of credits dropped by dead enemies by 40%. This significantly accelerates the process of earning money, especially when you are killing enemies inside a large base.
- Try to craft consumables instead of buying them - you will be able to save from a few hundred to a few thousand Skell credits each time you visit the store. Detailed information about this can be found in the "Consumables" section.