As you can easily guess, Sharpshooter in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a character that focuses on fighting from a long distance, using sniper rifles and DMR. It is perfect for people who like to keep a safe distance, eliminate enemies from hiding and support companions. In this chapter you will find information about the characteristics of the Sharpshooter class, its abilities and special item, as well as some tips on how to play this class.
Like all other character classes available in the game, the Sharpshooter has several unique features, namely:
- It has passive abilities that allow for better breath control when targeting and also provide a bonus to sniper rifles and DMRs.
- The special ability of this class is Armor Buster. When activated, the character loads several anti-tank bullets to his sniper rifle or DMR. Thanks to this he is able to eliminate lightly armored targets with one shot and inflict severe damage to heavily armored targets.
- The special item of this class is Sensor Launcher. It works the same way as the Intel Grenade - it allows you to fire a missile that explodes, marking all enemies within range. For a few seconds their glow will be visible through the walls. After this time the markers will remain above their heads.
- The character is perfect for long-distance combat, that eliminates problematic targets and fights drones and other mechanical enemies.
When you decide to play as a Sharpshooter it is worth to remember about the following things:
- This character is great for long distances, but it's much worse in a direct battle. This weakness can be partially reduced by finding a DMR weapon with a high rate of fire - but it still lacks the close distance combat capabilities of other classes.
- Sharpshooter is the best class to fight against drones and mechanical opponents. Thanks to its ability (the Armor Buster) this class is able to shoot down smaller drones with a single bullet and destroy enemy reinforcements (automatic cannons or mortars - provided that they hit a sensitive point), and in battle with larger enemies (such as Behemot) is able to inflict significant damage to them, especially when hitting sensitive points.
- The main ability of sharpshooter - Armor Buster, is recharged while dealing damage to enemy drones, for killing enemies from long distances, and for killing enemies with arrows (headshots).
- The special item of this class, the sensor launcher, gives you a huge advantage over your opponents, especially in the first hours of the game when you do not have access to intel grenades. It works particularly well during indoor battles - one accurate bullet can mark all enemies.
- While playing this class it is worth to focus on using sniper rifle and DMR - the first weapon is used to destroy more durable targets, the second, with greater speed, to fight against numerous enemies. It is worth investing in perks that increase damage dealt with sniper rifles and allow you to destroy enemy drones much faster.