The camping system in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint plays a dual role - it is used both for a fast travel and as a resting place for your character, where you can prepare for the next battles. In this section you will learn the exact mechanics of camping - bivouac, and how to use it effectively.
How to unlock bivouac spots
There are several dozen camping sites (Bivouac) on the world map. They are hidden on the map by default, but can be easily located due to the bonfire in their center (smoke from the fire). To unlock a camping site, you need to go to a smoking area or use binoculars / drone and keep your eyes on a nearby spot for a few seconds. Once the place is unlocked, you will be able to use it from that moment on.
Bivouac and fast travel
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint uses a fast-travel system. Player can move freely to the Erewhon resistance headquarters or between previously unlocked camping sites. To do this, just open the map of the world, point the cursor at the point you want to move to and press the button indicated on the screen to appear in the new location after a dozen or so seconds.
Note - you won't be able to use fast travel when enemies are chasing you. You have to lose the chase before you can use this feature.
Bivouac - rest and preparation
The main task of the camping sites is simply to take a break from the action for a while. After activating the bivouac, a few additional options will be displayed on the screen, which allow you to prepare for further battles. These are the following:
- Preparations - here you can select one of several reinforcements and bonuses that will be active for 60 minutes in real time after leaving the bivouac.
- Tactics - here you can configure things related to the character, change its class and change equipment.
- Craft - here you can create basic items such as grenades, mines, C4 or provisions.
- Shop - from this window you will have access to the same shop as in Erewhon. In the shop you can buy weapons, armor, weapon improvements, vehicles or cosmetic elements.
- Garage - here you can select a vehicle, which will be available by default from the specific bivouac. After the camping is over, the vehicle will appear right next to the campfire and you can use it.
- End of the bivouac - exit the bivouac window and return to the game. After clicking on it you will be able to choose the hour at which the bivouac should end - it's useful if you want, for example, to attack an enemy outpost at night.
The use of bivouacs is fully free of charge and it is worth doing it regularly, even for the bonus available from the Preparation window.
Tips and advice
Finally, a handful of tips on the mechanics of camping, such as:
- Unlock new camping (bivouac) sites as soon as you're near them. When travelling around the island you will often move literally several dozen meters away from a new camping site - it is worth approaching it and unlock the bivouac point. Due to such action you will be able to use it later as fast travel point.
- It's worth regularly taking advantage of a bonus that gives you 10% more experience points. You can find the bonus in the Preparations window. 10% may seem like a small amount, but any boost in gaining experience points is worth as much as gold.
- Use the garage associated with every bivouac. This way you will be able to get on the helicopter after a rest and quickly reach your next mission.
- Remember that you will not be able to use the camping site if your enemies are chasing you - to do this, you will first have to lose the pursuit, eliminating or hiding from the enemy.