This unofficial guide for Thief includes, to a large extent, a very detailed walkthrough for all of the chapters of the single player mode. In this walkthrough, the greatest stress has been put on constant remaining in hiding and on avoiding raising the alarms, as well as any direct confrontations. As a result, this guide suggests how to avoid guards effectively, disarm traps and deal with many other threats. Of course, in the text, you can also find information on the advantages of the thorough exploration of the surroundings, i.e. the opportunity to collect standard loot, unique collectibles, documents and secret areas. This has been enriched with numerous screenshots and maps of the more complex locations. Another big chapter of this guide offers a description of the city's main part and the clock tower, i.e. of the locations that serve the purpose of hubs, which are visited between the main missions themselves. That chapter also discusses all of the available side missions, which usually concentrate on stealing treasures from houses of selected citizens. The remaining chapters of this guide focus, among others, on listing the secret items, additional challenges, the main protagonist's equipment, upgrades to that equipment and focus, as well as on the available achievements that can be unlocked within the Steam service. Thief is another installment of the popular franchise of Stealth games, where you, again, take control of the perfectly trained thief named Garrett. This time around, you take part in a completely different adventure that takes place in a Victorian-Steampunk metropolis, called the City. The main protagonist spends the majority of his time by staying in the shadows and robbing from the rich and corrupt citizens of their valuables, while avoiding to leave any track of his presence.
This guide for Thief includes:
- A detailed walkthrough for all the chapters of the single player mode (the highest difficulty level);
- A detailed description of all the side missions;
- Tips concerning the completion of the mission objectives, avoiding of guards and neutralizing the other potential threats;
- Information on the loot to be collected in the individual locations;
- Information on the additional challenges;
- A list of all the available collectibles;
- A list of all the secret areas;
- A list of all the upgrades to the equipment, focus offered by traders;
- Information on Garrett's basic and supplementary equipment;
- A list of achievements.
Jacek "Stranger" Halas (www.gamepressure.com)
About Thief Game Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas for gamepressure.com
last update : May 5, 2016
Guide contains : 204 pages, 774 images, 26 maps and annotated illustrations.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of Thief Game Guide
Thief Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Eidos Studios
- publisher: Square-Enix / Eidos
- platform: PC, XBOX360, PS3, XONE, PS4
- rated: PEGI: Age 16+ / ESRB: Mature
More About Thief
Linguistic aspects are usually the neglected child of building a fictional setting – be it in literature, cinema, or video games. Some developers, however, have decided to take the risk and served us several more or less successful language experiments.