The Forbidden Forest introduces a new infected unit - Infected Mutant. There are 7 of those to eliminate. Prepare yourself before engaging. In this chapter, you will find the walkthrough guide and tips related to The Forbidden Forest mission.
How to unlock and goals
How to unlock: it gets unlocked after the El Dorado mission.
- Colony population: 2,000.
- Destroy all infected.
- Destroy all Villages of Doom.
- Survive the attacks of all hordes.
- At the beginning of the mission, pay attention to the 7 icons on the mini-map - they represent the positions of the mentioned Infected Mutants. They are durable and fast and are able to break through a group of soldiers, or insufficiently strong fortifications. Keep track of their location on the map all the time and try not to provoke them to attack.
- Installing the Tents, 2-3 Hunter's Cottages, and when you get gold, the Sawmill. Tents should be built on a darkened strip of land - this will save a lot of green space for the construction of farms. If you want to build fortifications quickly, build a second sawmill.
- Expand your colony towards the North-West - there you will find deposits of stones where you need to build a Quarry. The iron Deposit is a little further West.
- It is necessary to build the walls around the colony as early as possible - it will protect you from an unexpected group of infected, and from an infected mutant, if you accidentally provoke it.
- The first Horde of infected will not be a big problem - it will consist of a few strong "runners" - even a group of 10 soldiers will cope with them.
- When you have 20-30 Soldier and 10-15 Snipers, start expanding North to eliminate the Infected Mutants. If you do not have any fortifications on the way, send soldiers to the first line - they will be able to withstand several enemy attacks. A good idea are also the Lucifer units - their large durability and quick health regeneration, makes them excellent for taking damage.
- During the final Horde, the colony will be attacked from two directions-West and East. About 20 units of Infected Mutants will come from both sides.
- Use fortifications to protect your colony from the Horde. Two rows of walls, in front of which it is necessary to place 1-2 rows of wasp turrets and 2-4 rows of Stakes Traps or Wire Fence Traps. Place towers and populate them with Snipers behind the walls.
At the end of a few tips that will greatly facilitate the completion of this mission, namely:
- Remember not to provoke excessive number of enemies. If you doubt that the attack on the infected will not lead enemies to the colony, use the Rangers to destroy the enemy.
- The final Horde consists only of Infected Mutants. When preparing for it, you should focus on recruiting Snipers, instead of Soldiers - work better against this type of enemy.
- Lucifer units are well-suited to deal with the infected mutants. They don't inflict too much damage, but are capable of taking enormous damage and recover health allowing you to ignore the damage from the mutants.