Time for the seventh Infected Swarm mission in They Are Billions campaign. During this mission, you will defend yourself from thousands of infected. This mission is located right behind The Lonely Forest mission. This chapter contains a walkthrough and tips for this rather difficult type of missions.
How to unlock and goals
How to start: unlocked after completing The Lonely Forest mission
- Destroy all infected.
- Survive all the hordes.
- Enemies will come from all sides. You need to defend 5 different paths - two on the left, one at the bottom, one on the right and one at the top.
- There are two paths at the top of the map - the "left" one is safe, infected won't use it. The same goes for the paths at the bottom - the one "on the right" won't be used by the enemy. Thus, you can save valuable points on Stakes Traps.
- Start building fortifications by setting up Wasps at the entrance of each path - you can also just set them around the building you have to protect, the effect will be similar.
- Place 2 rows of Soldiers behind the Wasps, and use the remaining points to set 4-5 rows of Stakes Traps at the entrance to the aforementioned paths. Stakes Traps will slow the enemies down and reduce their health points significantly.
- After the beginning of the stage, it is necessary to control the situation - if one of the frontlines can't deal with enemies, send a few Soldiers from the other front to help it. If enemies break through the row of Wasps, pull the soldiers towards the building to force the infected to attack the nearby Wasp turrets.
Below you can find tips for this mission:
- Don't spend Empire Points on Rangers or Snipers. The first unit works fine in regular missions, where speed and silent elimination is important, but here, Soldiers surpass them in overall performance several times. The same goes for Snipers - there aren't any enemies that require Snipers' massive damage.
- Don't place Stakes Traps too far away from your units. Infected damaged by the Stakes Traps will start regenerating after 3 seconds. It is necessary to set Stakes Traps so that your units can attack enemies immediately after they step on the traps.
- If you already have access to Lucifers, this mission will be extremely simple -place 2-3 near each of the entrances and start the mission. You won't need other units!