The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: Walked the Path - trophy description The Witcher 3 Guide
Last update: Thursday, July 22, 2021
On this page of the trophy guide to The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, you'll find a detailed description of the Walked the Path trophy. You get it for beating the game on the Death March difficulty. We have prepared information about this level of difficulty and tips on how to survive.
Death March is the highest difficulty level. It is available from the very beginning of the game, and it can be very demanding if you have not played The Witch 3 before.
We recommend checking out Character development, Combat, and Equipment management chapters in our guide to find a lot of tips and tricks. They can help you develop Geralt and win battles.
Below you will find additional information about the described trophy and universal tips on playing on Death March:
- Walked the Path trophy forces you only to finish the main plot. You don't have to spend 100% of your time with the game on the highest difficulty level. Therefore, you should focus on the main storyline quests. However, do not completely ignore side quests and subplots, and especially those related to achievements that you can miss. We are talking about Full Crew trophy received for recruiting all allies. You have to take care of that kind of stuff as well and not put it off for later.
- Save the game as often as possible. This is especially important in those quests in which you face groups of opponents, bosses, and mini-bosses. Geralt can easily die - ignoring manual saves can force you to repeat a large part of the game.
- Remember, you can't heal with meditation. Try to collect as many items that can be used to regenerate health. Many of them can be found thanks to careful exploration of the area. You don't have to buy them all from merchants or craft yourself.
- Use the Quen sign. As a reminder, it surrounds Geralt with a protective shield that protects him from receiving damage. Use this sign as often as possible to lose health points less often. If you lose the shield, try to use it as soon as possible.
- Don't start the main quests with a recommended level higher than Geralt's. They will be even more troublesome than when playing on lower difficulty levels. If you need to earn XP, then take up simpler quests and other activities that guarantee experience points, for example, unlocking locations marked with a question mark or attacking opponents. If you have several main quests to choose from in your journal, always choose the one with the lowest recommended level.
- Do not ignore alchemy. By producing various potions, bombs, oils for weapons, you can make Geralt stronger - he will inflict more damage, and be able to use the monsters' weaknesses.