Even though it is hard to complain about little combat in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, surely there are those, who would like the game to pose a greater challenge. The Random Encounters modification ensures such attractions.
This modification introduces more enemies one can encounter on a trail - this sounds prosy, however, the creator of this mod has designed a special configuration menu, in which one can adjust the mod according to his preferences. It is possible to modify the frequency of attacks and choose the types of adversaries - both flying and ground monsters, the Wild Hunt, and bandits. Additionally, one can turn off encounters in the cities, limit the loot, and choose precise monster species (also available in the Blood and Wine expansion).
The installation of Random Encounters is a bit complicated:
1. First, extract the downloaded archive.
2. Move the modRandomEncounter folder to the Mods catalog in the game's main folder.
3. Move the bin folder from the extracted archive into the game's main catalog.
4. The DLCRandomEncounter folder has to be pasted into the DLC's folder (it is also located in the game's main folder).
5. Then, copy the contents of the inputs.exe file and paste it at the top of the input_azerty.ini, input_qzerty.ini and input_qzertz.ini files. You will find them after following this path: bin\config\r4game\legacy\base.
6. Now, open the input.xml file located here: bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc.
7. Under the line <VisibleVars> paste the following text:
<!-- modRandomEncounters -->
<Var builder="Input" id="RefreshRESettings" displayName="mod_menu_settings" displayType="INPUTPC" actions="RefreshRESettings"/>
8. Save changes and close all the edited files.