When installing the modifications one might encounter several problems. There are two tools that might help you solve these issues - Unification patch and Script Merger. Sometimes, it is also useful to utilize the console available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, however, you have to unlock it first.
The standard edition and the Game of the Year edition of The Witcher 3 feature some differences in terms of certain details, which have led to some difficulties with modifications' compatibility. In order to solve these issues, one can use the Unification Patch. Below, you will find a short instruction on how to do this:
- Download the patch from our FTP servers and extract it.
- Copy the Mods and content folders to the game's main folder. Agree to replace all the applicable files.
Unification Patch is necessary when you want to play around with the modifications for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Without this patch, it is impossible to use certain modifications.
Script Merger offers substantial help in cases when some modifications are not compatible with each other. The tool searches for mods that are in conflict and tries to fix the problem. The manual you can find below will help you use the software.
- Download the tool from the Nexus Mods Witcher 3 portal.
- In Nexus Mod Manager, activate all the modifications you are going to use. Next, start Script Merger and indicate the path to The Witcher 3's main folder.
- Click the Refresh button. In case of any incompatibilities, particular modifications will be displayed in the Conflicts field. If there are no conflicts between the mods, the software will display a proper notification and the game will be ready to play.
- If there are any conflicts between modifications, select the incompatible mods and press Try to Merge Selected Script.
- If Script Merger manages to solve the problems automatically, the previously incompatible modifications will appear in the Merged Scripts field. Otherwise, you will be notified on how many conflicts were not solved - now you have to handle the incompatibility issues manually.
- In order to do this, you have to navigate to the <Merge Conflicts> field and select all the columns, in which there is a conflict (marked with red). To select them, use the letters A, B, C visible in the menu at the top.
- If everything goes right, instead of the <Merge Conflicts> notification you will be able to see the proper lines of the code.
- Now, all you have to do is to save the changes and close the program.
Unlocking the console
The console might be associated with using unfair codes, however, there are situations, in which it proves very useful when using modifications. Below, you will learn how to unlock the console:
- Navigate to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's main folder and then go to bin\config\base.
- Next, find a file called general.ini and open it using the Notepad.
- Find the [General] section, and at the bottom of it add the following command: DBGConsoleOn=true
- Save changes. In the game, the console can be enabled with the tilde button (~).