This page of the guide to The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt contains detailed explanations of how to complete a team of allies in Kaer Morhen , i.e. how to recruit all potential companions during the game. This can make it easier to complete the campaign finale, and also guarantee that you will get one of the achievements.
- Completing the team - general information
- List of potential companions to be summoned to Kaer Morhen
Completing the team - general information
A grand battle with the Wild Hunt is an important part of the main storyline. You can prepare for it by recruiting allies to your party.
Formally you can start it after reaching the second act of the game. However, you must make proper decisions and complete some quests even earlier. In the following subsection you will find a list of potential party members with information on how to make them join you. A thorough read of these information is advised because in some cases making the wrong decisions might make it impossible for you to gain an ally. We especially advise you to be careful in the case of Keira Metz and complete her ques line flawlessly.
Important! Recruiting at least seven people will allow you to obtain the achievement/trophy called "Full Crew". More information about this achievement and all other trophies can be found in our trophy guide .
List of potential companions to be summoned to Kaer Morhen
- Ermion - You will meet her in the Kaer Trolde stronghold on the Ard Skellig island, which is a part of the Skellige islands archipelago. After reaching the 2 act of the game you must meet with her and ask for help.
- Hjalmar - You will meet him in the Kaer Trolde stronghold on the Ard Skellig island, which is a part of the Skellige islands archipelago. After reaching the 2 act of the game you must meet with him and ask for help.
- Keira Metz - You will find her in her hut in Velen, North-East from Midcopse. Initially, interacting with her is part of the main story quests, but later there is also an opportunity to complete side quests assigned by the sorceress. You must complete the quests given to you by the sorceress. For the Advancement of Learning is the most important of them. During the conversation at the end of that quest, you mustn't attack the sorceress nor let her walk away. Instead, you must convince her to go to Kaer Morhen.
- Letho - He can be found in Reardon Manor in Velen, South-East from Lindenvale. You must complete the side quest The Fall of the House of Reardon related to Letho. Important! Letho could have died in Witcher 2. In that case you won't be able to recruit him. It's not a big problem since the game will allow you to recruit seven other characters and still gain the "Full Crew" achievement.
- Triss Merigold - You will meet her while completing the main quests in Novigrad. You must complete all side quest received from her. Now or Never quest from Novigrad is the most important.
- Vernon Roche - This character resides in location called Temerian partisan hideout North from Oxenfurt. You must complete side quests in which Vernon appears. An Eye for an Eye from Novigrad is the most important of them . After reaching the second act of the campaign meet with Roche and ask him for help.
- Ves - This character will join your crew after you manage to recruit Vernon Roche.
- Zoltan Chivay - You will find him in Novigrad, in an inn called Rosemary and Thyme. You must complete side quests in which Zoltan appear. "An Eye for an Eye" is the most important of them. After reaching 2 act of the campaign meet with Zoltan and ask him for help.