This page of the guide describes the content of the strategy guide to The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. You will find the most important information about the gameplay mechanics and the most common problems with them, but also the various tips and hints related to character development, combat, completing quests, and exploration.
- The Witcher 3: Strategy guide content
- The Witcher 3: Romances
- The Witcher 3: Tips and hints
- The Witcher 3: Gwent
- The Witcher 3: FAQ
- The Witcher 3: Trophy guide
- The Witcher 3: Appendix
- The Witcher 3: Color markings used in the guide
The Witcher 3: Strategy guide content
Strategy Guide to Witcher 3: Wild Hunt offers all most important information about the game's rules. It contains various advices that might be very helpful for the players as well. One of the largest chapters of this guide contains information about exploring the game world. From that chapter you can learn about rules of traveling through various territories, what sort of attractions awaits player (villages, bandit camps, treasures guarded by monsters and other things), ways of unlocking new quests and available currencies in the game (crowns, orens, florens). Another large chapter focuses on fighting with monsters and humans. He offers useful advices about parrying hits, counterattacking and preparing for harder battles. The chapter focusing on affairs is important as well. It tells with whom main character can initiate an affair (a thorough description of all steps and most important decisions) and lists all erotic scenes available in the game. Other chapters of this guide focuses on matters like character development ((experience gathering system, list of skills and selection of the best of them)), equipment management (capacity, alchemy, crafting), card game called Gwent (recommended tactic, places where new cards can be found or bought) and frequently asked questions (how to gain gold, how to gain new levels quickly, where to sell trophies, where to exchange gold etc.). Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is an action RPG in which you control witcher Geralt and travel through a massive fantasy world. Interesting quests, love conquests and various threats await the main character.
The Witcher 3: Romances
The Witcher 3 offers a few extensive romancing options that can lead to erotic scenes. All information about Geralt's affairs can be found on the Romances and love scenes page.
- List of romances and love scenes
- Keira Metz
- Triss Merigold
- Yennefer from Vengerberg
- Triss and Yennefer
- List of minor love scenes
The Witcher 3: Tips and hints
Our guide has many tips for the combat, developing Geralt, or managing his equipment.
- Basic information about exploration
- Riding on a horse and swimming
- Meeting NPCs
- Theft and bad reputation
- Types of quests
- Optional locations (question marks)
- Notice boards
The Witcher 3: Gwent
Gwent is a very extensive card mini-game - learning all its rules can be somewhat problematic. Our guide has descriptions of the game's basics as well as recommended strategies.
The Witcher 3: FAQ
The FAQ chapter answers the most frequently asked questions and provides solutions to the most common problems. Each topic has a dedicated page.
- Earning money - how?
- Experience - how to gain XP fast?
- The first griffin - how to kill it?
- Carrying limit - how to increase?
- Skellige islands - how to unlock?
- Coins - where to exchange?
- Trophies from contracts - where to sell?
- Horse equipment - where to get?
- I'm not getting any XP - why?
- White Gull ingredients - where to find?
- Installing free DLC - how?
The Witcher 3: Trophy guide
Unlocking all the trophies/achievements and getting the platinum trophy in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt isn't easy. We have included our trophy guide where you can find descriptions of all the trophies/achievements.
The Witcher 3: Appendix
The main chapters of the guide are supplemented by the appendix. They are:
- PC controls
- PS4 / PS5 controls
- XONE / XSX controls
- System Requirements
- Game versions
- Game's length
- Easter eggs
The Witcher 3: Color markings used in the guide
Markings used in this guide:
- Brown - NPCs and monsters have been marked with this color
- Blue - Location names have been marked with this color
- Green - Places where you find or receive new items have been marked with this color
- Bold font - Bold has been used to mark the name of a quest