This page of The Last of Us game guide contains information on the time needed to complete the game. We provide approximate values separately for the main story, the Left Behind DLC and the multiplayer mode.
- How long does it take to complete the main campaign of The Last of Us?
- How long does it take to complete the Left Behind DLC campaign?
- How long does it take to acquire multiplayer-related trophies?
How long does it take to complete the main campaign of The Last of Us?
- It should take you 15-25 hours to complete the game for the first time. Two factors have a major impact on those values. First things first, you can do more detailed exploration of the area in search of collectibles and resources. Secondly, choosing a higher difficulty level may for you to repeat the same battles multiple times. In both cases the time needed to complete the game might become significantly longer.
- The Last of Us has a New Game Plus mode and completing the game for the second time is required to unlock all skills, weapons upgrades and trophies. Going through the game a second time should be easier, even after selecting a higher difficulty level. You will know what threats await you and how to deal with them. Additionally, weapon skills and upgrades are transferred to the NG+ mode.
- It will take you more than 20 hours to complete the game in the Grounded mode. It offers the highest level of challenge and has fewer save points. Fortunately, beating the game in that mode is not required for the platinum trophy.
How long does it take to complete the Left Behind DLC campaign?
- It should take you approximately 3 hours to complete the DLC for the first time. It is not a very large add-on, but it requires you to play through quite demanding fight and sneak scenes.
- Getting a 100% completion on the DLC should take 4-5 hours. This add-on offers the opportunity to acquire new collectibles. It also contains several trophies related to performing unusual acivities (such as, for instance, winning a brick throwing competition).
How long does it take to acquire multiplayer-related trophies?
- The basic game contains only 4 trophies related to the multiplayer, but 2 of them are very time-consuming and force you to play through the faction mode twice. These trophies can take you 20-30 hours to acquire, increasing even further if you lose while playing through the long faction campaign.
- The Last of Us also offers two packages of DLC trophies related to the multiplayer mode. Those are not required to unlock the platinum trophy. Each package should take 2-3 hours to complete. Much depends on the luck of drawing a match on the terms associated with the requirements of a given trophy.