Key moments during the journey
Your first vital decision will occur in the very beginning of the journey.
- "Ravens, back to the top!" - The first option will start a battle against the Dredge for which you will get 14 renown points.
- "We're mercenaries, not volunteers" - The second option will open another conversation. If you choose "Quit try to scare me. Go fight or keep moving", Gudmundr, one of your heroes, will die. However, if you select "We'll do it, but we'll talk price later", a battle will begin. Winning it will give you 14 renown points and save Gudmundr.
- "Your captain can handle it or die trying" - The same as the second option above.
The second crucial situation is the moment when people from your caravan get lost in the caves. You will lose 44 clansmen and you'll have to make a choice.
- "No, We need to keep moving" - Nothing happens.
- "Shout, We're over here!" - You will attract monsters' attention. Winning the fight will give you 22 renown points.
- "You find them" - You will tell Zefr to look for the clansmen. She will look for them for most of the day. Only 28 clansmen will be saved by her.
The last option is "This is the only time". Choosing it will trigger more available actions.
- Options "Call out to the left", "Search in direction of response" and "Return to the camp" will make you find 38 out of 44 clansmen. You will also lose some of your precious time searching.
- Options "Call out to the left", "Search in direction of response" and "Keep searching down the path" will make you find all 44 clansmen. You will also lose time.
- Options "Call out to the left" and "Keep moving along the path" will make you find all 44 clansmen. You will also waste some time searching.
- Options "Search to the left" and "Keep moving along the path" will make you find all 44 clansmen and lose time.
- The last option, "Keep moving along the path", is the best one of all. You will find all 44 clansmen without wasting time.
You will see a rope bridge that's collapsing. Future events depend on your decision.
- "Just keep going" - You ignore the event and keep going. The bridge breaks and you lose 28 clansmen, 18 warriors and 22 supplies.
- "Get the menders to reinforce it" - Nothing happens.
- "Then cross one cart at a time" - The last option will slightly improve the caravan's morale. However, it is rather time consuming, so in most cases you will finish during the next day. Therefore, you will lose some supplies and morale.
The first stop is a godstone. After you stop, several options will be available.
- "Stop. You're making too much noise" - The whole caravan will stop at the godstone to have some rest.
- "Try your luck at prying one out" - The whole caravan will stop at the godstone to have some rest.
- "Say nothing and watch them work" - The whole caravan will stop at the godstone to have some rest. Moreover, you will receive an artifact on level 8 - Gem of Ves'Nan.
While you rest by the godstone, consider interacting with the pools. Several options will appear:
- "Reflect on your past at the top pool" - The first option will give you 35 supplies and improve the caravan's morale.
- "Ask for strength from the middle pool" - Choosing the second option will increase the number of kills for the whole party by 2. It means that each available hero will receive bonus kills that are used to advance to a higher level.
- "Look ahead with the bottom pool" - Your main character, Bolverk, will get injured. His recovery will take 3 days.
- "Leave the pools alone" - Nothing will happen.
At the end of the journey you will have to fight the Dredge. This is the first time you will encounter the powerful Eyeless who can resurrect the Dredge who died in the battle. Start the battle with a usual formation. The best way is to place your heroes at the bottom left corner, near the single enemy. You can instantly kill him with a Varl. When you do, you will see Eyeless enter the battlefield and resurrect his ally. You should now focus only on this specific enemy. He's extremely strong, so attack his armor first. The battle will end when you kill Eyeless so you don't have to clear the whole battlefield. Unfortunately, you will lose 12 clansmen, 9 warriors and morale will slightly drop. You will need to make a choice.
- "We're lost?!" - Choosing the first option will result in a minor drop of morale of the caravan. You will have to fight again, this time against three Warped Scourge. There aren't that many enemies, but they can use powerful skills. Plan each of your moves in advance. When you win, you will receive 8 renown points.
- "Just choose one before everyone panics" - Morale will not drop, but you will have to fight anyway. Winning will give you 8 renown points.
- "Then get us to the surface" - The third option will not have any positive or negative results.
- "Send scouts ahead in several directions" - The scouts will die, so you will lose 15 warriors.
A crucial decision has to be made afterwards. You need to choose whether you want to kill Eyeless (listen to Folka) or put him on a wagon and escort to find out more about him (recommended by Zefr).
- "Kill it" and "Swing your axe" - These options will make you kill Eyeless on the spot.
- "I want to hear more. Let's get him in a cart" - You take the unconscious Eyeless with you.
If you select the second option, some of your people will leave - 44 warriors and 94 clansmen who will take 22 supplies with them.
If you choose to kill Eyeless, you will get another event before leaving the cave.
- "Travel upwards at every opportunity" - The first option will give you 5 renown points and slightly improve the party's morale.
- "Randomly choose paths with confidence" - The second option puts you in a battle. It is not an easy one - you will have to fight six Warped Scourge. Winning will give you 14 renown points.
- "Send out more scouts" - The third option is the same as the second one. You will have to defeat six Warped Scourge to get 14 renown points.
The first additional event concerns a scout who might have found gold.
- "Threaten him" - The first option will make you gain 2 renown points and lose 6 clansmen and 2 warriors.
- "Idiot, You're on yox duty" - The second option will result in a minor drop of morale.
- "Send out a search party" - Choosing the third option will make you wait half a day until the search party returns empty-handed.
- "Gold does us no good right now anyway" - The fourth option will make three clansmen leave.
After talking to Dytch you'll have to make another decision.
- "Approach them" - You will lose 44 clansmen.
- "Ask Folka who she is" - The option does not have any positive or negative results.
- "Quit worrying about some human woman" - The third option has the same result as the first one. You will lose 44 clansmen.
The next decision concerns following events.
- "I dreamt I was a Sundr" - The choice will make you lose 3 clansmen and 3 warriors. Morale will be slightly lowered.
- "Instruct her on finding water" - The second option will improve your morale and give you 5 renown points.
- "Say nothing" - The third option will make you lose 3 warriors and 3 clansmen.
While getting through the caves, you might encounter the situation shown above. You have several options available, but their outcomes are similar. The first option, "The next to say something will regret it!" triggers three more available actions:
- "Who are you?" - The first one results in a minor drop of morale.
- "Headbutt her" - Headbutting the woman will slightly improve the caravan's morale and give you 5 renown points.
- "Laugh in her face" - Laughing at the woman will make the main character, Bolverk, injured for a couple of days.
Options "Who is she?" and "Bring her to me" result in a minor drop of morale.