This page lists the status effect and immunity icons that appear in The Serpent Rogue.
Opponents can have 4 basic types of immunities:
- Aging - resistance to aging and rejuvenation. This immunity applies to units without older or younger forms, as well as skeletons.
- Gender swap - immunity to having their gender changed.
- Morph / race - you won't be able to use transformation potions against enemies with this immunity. It prevents you from cheesing fights and obtaining loot from especially rare and powerful monsters.
- Status - all enemies with this immunity are impervious to status changes, i.e. any debuffs and status effects. You won't be able to burn or infect these enemies. They will also be unaffected by the Hollowness potion, which can instantly kill enemies.
Debuffs, status effects and icons
You can apply negative status effects to opponents to weaken them or cause damage over time. Below we list and explain the basic effects and icons that appear in the game.
- Corruption - this status applies to all "red" enemies who are Corrupted. These "possessed" enemies are aggressive towards "unpossessed" creatures. By researching each enemy from stealth, you will figure out how many Corruption debuff points they have and hence how many Purification points they need to be freed of the Corruption status (by throwing potions at them, for example).
- Wound - the special attack involving belts applies this status. It inflicts damage when moving.
- Wet - this status can be applied by a water bottle or by stepping into water. Use weapons that apply this debuff in wetlands, like the Swamp.
- Hungry - signs of hunger appear when your green hunger bar drops to zero. It has no negative consequences other than preventing you from performing skills that require the green bar (transformed form abilities, sprinting and attack combos).
- Soulless - a very powerful status effect that often affects cheap ship recruits and certain creatures. It lowers their maximum health level (about 2 health points per debuff point). This status won't disappear by itself, but can be applied and removed with an Adder Stone potion.
- Burn - you will burn yourself if you touch fire. The easiest way to apply it is with a burning torch. The target continues taking fire damage over a few seconds.
- Encumbered - When you exceed your maximum carrying capacity (40 units for humans), you'll get the encumbered status. It will prevent you from fast travelling and walking at your regular speed. Give some items to your followers or throw them away from your inventory.
- Poison - another over time effect, caused by some enemies and weapons. It can be inflicted by snakes, for example.
- Imitative - monsters summoned using potions will have this status.
- Strong Stomach - many animals, unlike humans, can eat any food such as raw meat and fish without ill effects.
- Stealth - the status of being hidden. Applied when hiding in a bush or camouflaging in the form of a rat.
- Overage - this is a quick status effect that indicates that the character / monster has exceeded its age and will soon turn into a skeleton (restless).
Opponents who are immune to Status changes can't be affected by debuffs.
You can use the "hit-and-run" strategy or battle at a distance without putting yourself in danger by switching weapons and giving your opponent multiple status effects at once. Some weapons also deal additional damage to opponents with certain statuses, so it's a good idea to learn how to effectively switch weapons and combat strategies. Also consider giving your human followers complementary weapons.