On this page of Outlast Trials guide, you will find a walkthrough of the Orphanage trial: Cleanse the Orphans. We have also posted tips on how to pass the trial on higher difficulty levels.
Some of the items needed to complete the quest are distributed randomly. Therefore, their exact location is not described below.
- Step 1: Enter the Orphanage
- Step 2: Reach the Radio Room
- Step 3: Turn on the remaining radio receivers
- Step 4: Call the children for the class
- Step 5: Swap the film reels
- Stage 6: Chapel
- How to survive on a higher difficulty level?
Step 1: Enter the Orphanage
Simple sequence at the beginning. The only thing you have to do in this step is to enter the building. Then you will receive a more specific task.
Step 2: Reach the Radio Room
Your first goal will be to reach the Radio Room. It is located on the first floor of the building. You can immediately go upstairs. This room is straight ahead, so it will be hard to miss it.
When you are inside, you start the broadcast of the religious station. To do this, you need to match the amplitude, phase, and frequency of the signal. Use the knobs located under the screen.
Step 3: Turn on the remaining radio receivers
As soon as you tune the receiver in the Radio Room, you will have to do it with a few more. The game will indicate in which rooms they are located - just look at the map in the room.
You need to go to these rooms and repeat the previous action.
Step 4: Call the children for the class
As soon as you fix the receivers, you can return to the lobby. A small room will open there. Inside is a button that allows you to call children for classes. When you press it, you will gain access to a new part of the map - Classroom.
Step 5: Swap the film reels
In this step, you need to locate the classrooms with projectors. That's exactly where you have to take the reels from the warehouse. The biggest problem is that the reels cannot be transported through the door. Instead, they can be moved between rooms using a feeder. So you need to localize them first.
Stage 6: Chapel
After switching the reels in the projectors, you can go back to the lobby and call the children for prayer. As soon as you do this, the passage to the chapel will open. Go there, and then turn off the jukebox. Then the last sequence of the trial will begin. You have two goals:
- finding two keys Check the TV monitors to read the clues, and then find the bodies with the same symbols.
- repair the generator the same way you did at the Police Station.
When you complete both of these tasks, you can return to the main part of the Chapel. There you have to comlete a sequence of cutting off an NPC's legs using a saw. At the very end, you have to press the button in the room. After that, you will be able to leave the trial.
How to survive on a higher difficulty level?
Similarly to the previous trials, you will have to try even more at higher difficulty levels. You will encounter more opponents while having limited supplies.
- The map is quite clear, so the batteries should not be such a big problem. Even so, have at least one in stock. It will be easiest for you to obtain them from disarmed traps.
- Due to the large number of bright rooms, pursuits will take more time for you. It will be harder to disappear from the sight. Always head towards dark rooms or search for hiding places.
- Of course, here you will also find a secret room with supplies. On this map, it can be found near classroom number 4 or in the courtyard to the left of the cross in the chapel. You have to press the two blue buttons.