A Walk in the Park is one of the most difficult trophies/achievements in The Hong Kong Massacre. This page contains information on how to unlock it in both a regular way and by cheating the game.
- General information
- The standard way of getting this trophy/achievement
- Unlocking the trophy/achievement by cheating the game
- Hard Boiled and Just Another Day trophies
You get "A Walk in the Park" trophy/achievement by completing a level on a first try. This can give you problems because The Hong Kong Massacre isn't an easy game. It's hard to eliminate all enemies without having prior knowledge about a given level.
The standard way of getting this trophy/achievement
- Try to get this trophy/achievement in the first level of the game - Got Myself a Gun. The subsequent levels will become more and more challenging - there will be more enemies, and the maps will get increasingly complex.
- Play carefully - rely on slowmotion and jumps. You will reduce the threat of getting shot.
The first level has only 5 enemies. Stat with eliminating the person in the northern room.
The second enemy is in the eastern room. Watch out, that person can shoot you through one of the windows. This enemy can stay in the middle of the room or, e.g. get closer to the southern door.
The northern room, the one shaped like a square, has one or two enemies. This is the most difficult part of the mission. Kill them during a single leap or eliminate one of them by standing near the door.
The next two rooms in the north have either one or two enemies. You can eliminate them one by one. As always, use slowmotion and perform leaps.
Unlocking the trophy/achievement by cheating the game
If you died during the first mission, try to cheat the game by deleting saves and starting a new game.
- If you play on PC, find the folder where Steam keeps your save files. Delete this folder.
- If you play on PS4, go to the saves folder (Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage). Select The Hong Kong Massacre's save files and delete them.
After that, run the game and start a new campaign. Try to complete the first level without dying. Save files can also be copied into another folder on to a USB drive, or stored in the cloud - we recommend doing that if you "missed" your chance of getting this trophy/achievement.
Hard Boiled and Just Another Day trophies
The methods described above (playing carefully and removing saves in case you make a mistake) can help you in acquiring two other very hard trophies found in the game - Hard Boiled and Just another day. Both of those trophies require you to complete all of the stages of first and second chapter without dying one.
The plan is as follows:
- Start a new game (delete all saves).
- Try to complete the first stage without getting hit.
- If you died during the first stage, turn off the game, delete saves and try again.
- If you completed the first stage without problems, turn off the game and copy the saves (to, for instance, a USB stick).
- Each time you complete a new section, turn off the game and copy your saves.
- Each time you die in one of the sections, turn off the game, delete the saves and load the saves you prepared before, after the last successful stage.
The described method is tedious and time-consuming, but thanks to it you will not have to "legally" complete 14 stages of the game (6 missions + boss fights at the end of both chapters).