Guides & Walkthroughs New Guides Popular RPG Action Strategy Adventure YouTube Guides Mobile App

The Elder Scrolls Blades Guide and Tips by gamepressure.com

The Elder Scrolls Blades Guide and Tips

Table of Contents

Types of chests in TES Blades TES Blades guide, tips

This chapter in our guide to The Elder Scrolls: Blades focuses on different types of chests. They all have random content and their rarity determines what rarity items you can get from them. The quality of our gear has a small impact on which chests we will find during a mission. What matters the most are the rewards from the Abyss mode (currently, the chances of getting something good has been lowered) and random items found in chests.

Chests are one of the most important elements of The Elder Scrolls: Blades - Types of chests in TES Blades - Chests - The Elder Scrolls Blades Guide and Tips

Chests are one of the most important elements of The Elder Scrolls: Blades. Every player has a limited storage capacity for chests (it can be increased by spending gems - the premium currency). Since opening a chest can take you even a few hours, you should always be in the process of opening a chest, even when you aren't playing right now. The process of opening a chest can be sped up by paying certain amount of the premium currency. This, however, isn't recommended - you will only waste the gems.

What can you find in a chest? Gold, building materials, crafting materials for items, potions, and gear itself. The quantity and quality of items is random and it depends on the type of chest. However, you should remember that their content scales to your level when you are opening a given chest.

Times for opening a chest and their possible content is as follows - Types of chests in TES Blades - Chests - The Elder Scrolls Blades Guide and Tips

Times for opening a chest and their possible content is as follows:

Wooden Chest

Opening time: 5 seconds

Costs of opening it right away: 1 gem

Chance of getting items*:

  1. about 200-300 gold
  2. building materials/crafting materials
  3. (optional) about 2-5 gems
  4. (optional) Common/Uncommon item

Available from: main and side quests, Abyss mode

Silver Chest

Opening time: 1 hour

Instant opening cost: 12 gems

Chances for items*:

  1. 500-1000 gold
  2. Common item
  3. building materials/crafting materials
  4. 1-3 potions
  5. (optional) around 5 gems
  6. (optional) Uncommon / Rare item

Available for: completing main story / side quests

Golden Chest

Opening time: 6 hours

Instant opening cost: 72 gems

Chances for items:

  1. 2100-2600 gold
  2. Uncommon item
  3. Additional Uncommon item (75% chances) or Rare item (25% chances)
  4. 1-3 types of building materials/crafting materials
  5. 2-6 potions
  6. (optional- 50%) Jewel or Rare Ingot
  7. (optional - 0,1%) artifact

Cost of golden chest in the store**: 250 gems

Available for/from: main story and side quests, Abyss mode, store

Elder Chest

Opening time: 12 hours

Cost of instant opening: 144 gems

Chances for items:

  1. 5200-6300 gold
  2. Epic item
  3. 90% chances for Rare item or 10% chances for Epic item
  4. 1-5 types of building materials/resources for crafting
  5. 3-9 Jewels or Rare Ingot
  6. 2-3 resurrection scrolls
  7. 2-6 potions
  8. 1% chances for optional Artifact

Cost of elder chest in the store**: 750 gems

Available for/from: side missions (very rare), Abyss mode, store

Legendary Chest

Opening time: 24 hours

Cost of instant opening: 288 gems

Chances for items:

  1. 13,800-16,900 gold
  2. Legendary quality item
  3. 90% chances for Rare quality item, 42,5% chances for Epic item, 15% chances for Legendary quality item
  4. 1-5 types of building materials/resources for crafting
  5. 15-25 Jewels or Rare Ingot
  6. 6-8 scrolls of resurrection
  7. 8-12 potions
  8. (optional - 5%) artifact

Cost of legendary chest in the store**: 2500 gems

Available from: completion of the main storyline, store

* Items that can be obtained from wooden and silver chests are not described in the game, so we have based those on the approximate values observed during the game.

** Chests purchased in the store with in-game currency by microtransactions are opened instantly.

See/Add Comments

You are not permitted to copy any image, text or info from this page.

This site is not associated with and/or endorsed by the Bethesda Softworks or Bethesda Softworks. All logos and images are copyrighted by their respective owners.

Copyright 2000 - 2019 GRY-Online S.A. for gamepressure.com, unofficial game guides, walkthroughs, secrets, game tips, maps & strategies for top games.