In this chapter of Marvel's Avengers guide, you will find out what your character's attributes and combat ratings are and how they are counted.
Each character in Marvel's Avengers can wear different equipment that will affect their main attributes and combat ratings, which are divided into four main categories. As you develop your hero, you can focus on those stats that best reflect your playstyle.
- Attributes - types, what do they affect?
- Attributes - how to increase them?
- Combat ratings - what do they affect, how are they counted?
Attributes - types, what do they affect?
All of the characters featured in Marvel's Avengers have attributes that determine their combat and defensive capabilities as well as impact the effectiveness and speed of their Heroic skills.
- Might - determines the amount of damage you will inflict with melee attacks, and also affects the charging speed of the Ultimate skill;
- Precision - determines the amount of damage you will inflict with ranged attacks, and also affects the rate at which the Heroic Move is charged.;
- Proficiency - determines the chance of a critical hit, and also affects the frequency of activating equipment perks;
- Valor - determines the amount of critical damage and also affects the effectiveness of your character's Heroic Moves;
- Resolve - determines the hero's maximum Willpower (health points), as well as the healing's effectiveness;
- Resilience - determines the value of the Hero's armor, that is, it affects the amount of damage received, and also affects the rate of charging of the Support Heroic skills;
- Intensity - determines the character's resistance to negative effects.
Attributes - how to increase them?
Every item you find in Marvel's Avengers will have a certain value for a specific attribute. Some better items may have a bonus for up to two attributes. In the image below you can see that Black Widow's Epic item has a +14 Proficiency bonus, which increases the chance of a critical hit and also affects the frequency of activating an item skill.
Combat ratings - what do they affect, how are they counted?
Battle ratings in Marvel's Avengers determine how well your hero will fare in a particular situation. This value can be influenced by the Power Level, specific attributes, as well as bonuses offered by the equipment.
- Melee Rating - this rating is influenced by 3 attributes: Might, Proficiency and Valor;
- Ranged Rating - this rating is influenced by 3 attributes: Precision, Valor, and Proficiency;
- Defense Rating - the overall defense rating is influenced by 2 attributes: Resolve and Resilience;
- Heroic Rating - the overall rating is influenced by 3 attributes: Valor, Resilience, and Intensity.