This walkthrough and game guide to Marvel's Avengers is a large compendium of knowledge about the game created by Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal studios. The detailed information and advice contained in our guide will allow you to complete all main and side missions and explore the vast world of Marvel's Avengers 100%. Also, our guide can help you develop the skills of all superheroes, discover all secrets and collectibles available in the game and earn every trophy / achievement.
The first major chapter of this guide is a beginner's guide which explains all basic in-game mechanics of Marvel's Avengers . This chapter contains useful starting tips and hints for all beginner players and casual gamers. On the next pages of this chapter we address such important issues as, among other things, resources, currencies, factions, types of missions, and we have also described all types of enemies that you can encounter along your way.
The next major chapter of this guide was entirely devoted to character development. On each page, we suggest how to quickly gain experience points, what is the power level and how to increase it, what are the main attributes and battle ratings, and what Challenge Cards are used for. We also prepared some tips on the best abilities for each character and in which order you should distribute your skill points. In a separate section, we have also described the equipment of The Avengers and all the relevant issues related to this topic, such as the qualitative division of items, their perks and attributes etc. Additionally, we provide the best ways of upgrading the items (including how to enhance them). We have explained how to seek a better class of equipment and how to farm legendary items.
We have prepared a comprehensive trophy guide in which we described all the trophies available in the game and prepared information on how to unlock them. In the FAQ section we answer the most frequently asked questions related to Marvel's Avengers such as how to get DNA keys and what they open, as well as how to unlock all characters in both - campaign mode and multiplayer mode.
In a separate chapter you'll find a detailed walkthrough of the main campaign available in Marvel's Avengers. Our walkthrough has been divided into the locations where the story campaign takes place and into the individual main missions. If there are side objectives in a particular story mission for which additional items can be obtained, then you will find the relevant information in our walkthrough. In the walkthrough of individual tasks, you will find tips on how to complete the main objectives of a particular mission, how defeat encountered opponents, where to look for hidden passages and chests, and how to defeat bosses.
This guide is concluded with pages about controls for all platforms and system requirements. Thus, you can find out if you have a PC that meets the requirements of Marvel's Avengers, as well as whether you can comfortably play the game on the regular PS4 and Xbox One versions. Furthermore, we have prepared a detailed description of all graphics settings of the PC version. You can use our hints to properly configure the game which may maximize the overall experience.
- Quick starting tips
- List of all main missions in Marvel's Avengers
- Bosses in Marvel's Avengers
- Trophy Guide - Marvel's Avengers trophies and achievements
- Game length
- FAQ - questions and answers
- Game Editions
- System Requirements - Marvel's Avengers
Quick starting tips
Before you start your adventure in Marvel's Avengers, you should read the main tips that may make your gameplay much easier. Also, by reading our hints you will be able to master your character's abilities and acquire a better class of weapons. This set of tips were mainly prepared for beginners and novice players. Read more on the Beginner's Guide & Tips page of our guide.
- Listen to Jarvis' advice - during the course of the mission, The Avengers team is constantly accompanied by Jarvis, who gives them valuable hints, such as where the mission's main objective is, where you can find crates with additional equipment, or where you may encounter a stronger opponent for which you can receive better items;
- Main missions and side quests - the vast majority of locations available in Marvel's Avengers have a few optional Points Of Interest in addition to their main objectives. In locations indicated with a question mark you can find side tasks, equipment crates or special AIM warehouses;
- Companion help - in Marvel's Avengers you can invite other super heroes to join your team as companions. This allows you to gather a team without the need of joining the game by using the matchmaking option. Companions are controlled by AI. Also, they will use all items you have found and equipped as well as skills of your choice;
- Not enough space in the inventory - when you fill all free space in the inventory, it will be impossible to collect new items. Then open the character's menu and dismantle redundant items to free up some space in your inventory;
- Attack combinations - Marvel's Avengers allows players to combine light and heavy attacks to perform unconventional combos. Use this combinations to throw an opponent into the air and finish him off before he falls to the ground;
- Lock an enemy target during combat - while fighting against a stronger opponent, it is worth locking such a target on the screen, so as not to lose sight of that foe while performing complex combinations of punches or dodges. To lock the target, simply press the proper button (R3 on PS4 by default). Find out more about controls on a separate page: Controls;
- Missions and star-rating system - at the end of each task you receive a specific rating that can range from 1 to 5 stars. One star will be reduced from your overall score every time a superhero of your team gets knocked out;
- Rewards - changing the difficulty level of the mission does not affect the quality of the rewards you will receive after completing them. If you want to quickly get better equipment, then complete a few missions on the lowest difficulty level;
- Knocked down allies - when one of the superheroes gets knocked down you can stand in a marked circle around that character for about 7 seconds to bring him or her back into the battle;
- Counter attacks and dodges - this is the main way to avoid getting injured. Performing a dodge at the perfect moment (just before receiving a blow) slows down the time and allows you to launch an effective and successful counter-attack. Perfect timing allows you to launch an immediate counter-attack.
List of all main missions in Marvel's Avengers
Below we have prepared a list of all main missions available in Marvel's Avengers. Detailed description of all missions can be found in our walkthrough.
Bosses in Marvel's Avengers
Below you will find a list of all bosses available in Marvel's Avengers which have to be defeated during the main missions of the game. Detailed descriptions of boss fights can be found in the Bosses chapter of our guide.
Bosses - main missions:
Trophy Guide - Marvel's Avengers trophies and achievements
Marvel's Avengers has 50 trophies (achievements), of which 32 are public and 18 hidden - these are the ones that can spoil the game's plot. PS4 players will have an extra platinum trophy to unlock;
You can find our trophy guide here.
It should take you around 10 to 12 hours to complete Marvel's Avengers campaign. This time, however, can be extended a bit if you want to collect all the collectibles and listen to all the footage you'll find in different parts of Marvel's Avengers in-game world.
FAQ - questions and answers
We answer basic questions about Marvel's Avengers video game, for example, whether the game is available on Steam, and whether they are microtransactions or micropayments in Marvel's Avengers. It is a small compendium of knowledge about the content and changes implemented in the game.
- Marvel's Avengers - are there any micropayments in the game?
- Marvel's Avengers - is it available on Steam?
Marvel's Avengers - are there any micropayments in the game?
Yes, there are micropayments available in Marvel's Avengers. In-game shopping requires credits for which you can buy cosmetics items for your character and unlock other game content.
Marvel's Avengers - is it available on Steam?
Yes, the PC version of Marvel's Avengers is only available on the Steam platform. The game was officially released on September 4, 2020, the same time as the PS4 and Xbox One console versions.
Marvel's Avengers can be purchased in 3 different editions:
- Exclusive Digital Edition;
- Deluxe Edition.
It should be noted here that owners of the Exclusive Digital and Deluxe Editions will be able to start playing Marvel's Avengers 72 hours earlier than the other players. Also, they will receive some interesting bonuses like extra credits and nameplates.
System Requirements - Marvel's Avengers
Below are the official minimum system requirements of the PC version of Marvel's Avengers.
- Operating System - Windows 7/8.1/10 64-bit;
- Processor - Intel Core i5-4690 3.3 GHz / AMD FX-8320 3.5 GHz;
- RAM - 8 GB;
- Graphics card - 2 GB GeForce GTX 960 / Radeon R9 290 or better;
- HDD/SSD space - about 50 GB.
Before you start playing, it's worth checking whether you'll need to reduce the graphics settings to increase the game's performance. Find out more on a separate page of our guide: System Requirements.
About Marvel's Avengers Guide
Author : Lukasz "Qwert" Telesinski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Filip "Mithgandir" Liebert
last update : August 13, 2020
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Marvel's Avengers Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Crystal Dynamics
- publisher: Square-Enix / Eidos
- platform: PC, XONE, PS4, PS5, XSX
More About Marvel's Avengers
The dry spell of the summer ends in September – we will see the debuts of many anticipayed hits such as Mafia: Definitive Edition, Marvel's Avengers or early access of Baldur's Gate 3.