This page of the Syberia: The World Before game guide contains a walkthrough for chapter Vaghen - flower district, autumn 2005 part 1. You will learn how to find the 3 shops in the phone book and on the map, where the mysterious painting is, and how to get to the antiques district. You'll also find some tips on how to look around the flower district before you leave.
During this chapter, you'll have the chance to unlock the Clean Slate and Eavesdrop achievements. You can read more about it on a separate page of this guide: Trophies.
- Use the phonebook on the lounge table
- Check the 3 shops that are likely to have sold the painting case
- Find the 3 shops on the map
- Choose the most relevant shop to go on the map
- Get the mysterious painting in the room
- Visit district before you leave - secondary objective
- Go to the Antiques District by tram
Use the phonebook on the lounge table
Approach the table and examine the phone book
Check the 3 shops that are likely to have sold the painting case
Check the 3 stores marked in the image above. To do so, first click on the desired ad and then click on Check.
Find the 3 shops on the map
Each of the marked shops in the phone book has an assigned letter and number in the lower right corner.
Mark the following squares on the city map:
Choose the most relevant shop to go on the map
Select C4 on the map where the antiques district is located.
Get the mysterious painting in the room
Go up the stairs to the upper floor and look into the room on the right. Examine the desk, pick up the wallet and the mysterious painting.
Visit district before you leave - secondary objective
Leave the guest house and look around the district. To pass this assignment you must research:
- the guest house window,
- the building next to the guest house,
- the motorcycle,
- the flowerbed in the middle of the sidewalk,
- the gate of the botanical garden.
Go to the Antiques District by tram
Return to the upper level of the flower district and enter the main street. Turn left and look at the city map at the tram stop. Select Muller's shop on the map to get to the Antiques District.