This chapter contains useful tips on what you shouldn't do and what you should avoid while managing a colony.
- Don't build important constructions near one another. This rule applies mainly to buildings providing water and energy (and those that store them). Thanks to that, one stray meteor won't cause a mass disaster in the colony.
- Don't underestimate dangers. At first glance the hazards of weather changes might seem trivial to you. However, they are a serious threat - without proper preparations, they can condemn your colony to annihilation.
- Don't forget about resources. Monitor demand, production and the amount of stored materials. The lack of any of the resources can effectively slow down the development of your colony.
- Don't build separate domes for housing and production. Colonists have serious problems finding work in a factory located in the neighboring dome. This can be done manually, but it causes a lot of trouble (you can choose the workplace of a colonist manually, when the colonist reaches his/her destination, by selecting a new place of residence).
- Don't build unprofitable mushroom farms. They always produce the same amount of food - 5 units. Farms and even hydroponic farms are much more efficient. Additionally, hydroponic farms take up less space.
- Don't rely on moisture separators. They fulfill their role as an additional and complementary source of water, but they shouldn't be treated as a main source of water due to their low efficiency.
- Don't rely only on solar panels. Solar panels are able to generate electricity only during the day. Until you build a wonder in the form of an artificial sun, Stirling generators or wind turbines are a better, more efficient and stable choice.
- Don't forget about the colonists. They are the most important aspect of the game - massive deaths due to unnatural causes can be the end of your game.
- Don't invite colonists too quickly. Before you do so, construct all of the necessary buildings in the dome and prepare the infrastructure for their arrival (water, oxygen, energy).