The guide to Sudden Strike 4 will help you master all the essential elements of gameplay and those that are related to the campaigns. The game itself is a sequel to a famous strategy game series and a rather good successor to the previous installments. While at first the game may seem like a 100% classic RTS, it features a significant number of gameplay solutions appearing in tactical games.
You'll be commanding the armies of the greatest WWII-era countries. Your units will include tanks, infantry, artillery, and air support, and the battles and giving out orders is very similar to Company of Heroes. Here, however, you won't be building a base or train units. New units will be given to you when you complete objectives or as reinforcements. If you make a mistake and lose too many soldiers, you may find your forces too weak to make the final push. Sudden Strike 4 poses little challenge to a seasoned RTS veteran, especially in the campaign mode (although even they may find some useful advice in our guide), but it may be rough for a beginning player.
The game rewards tactical approach, compelling you to attack from the flank, surround your enemies, or rely on the eyes of the scouts and the might of the artillery. Field of view is a key aspect to the game, as tanks can get blasted by hidden infantry units before they can fire a single shot. Each unit has a predefined supply of ammo and fuel, which needs to be replenished using special trucks. Every vehicle can be damaged, lose a track or an engine, and if you encounter an abandoned tank or a truck, you can capture it like in Men of War. If need be, you can call in air support or airborne forces from beyond the map.
Before each mission, you'll choose one of the three available doctrines. Each emphasizes a different branch of your forces and provides different skills that will significantly affect the course of the battle, e.g. additional grenades for your soldiers, hillbilly armor for your tanks, or the ability to dig in anti-tank cannons. In each mission, you can collect stars, which are used to "pay" for new skills.
The guide to Sudden Strike 4 includes:
- General tips;
- A description of unit type and efficient ways to utilize them on the battlefield;
- How to efficiently attack and organize solid defenses;
- Hints and explanations concerning ammo, fuel, vehicle capturing and repairs;
- A description of doctrines for each of the faction, including their weak and strong points;
- A description for missions in each campaign and advice for the challenge mode;
- Mission description for each of the campaigns and information on tactics.
Mateusz Kozik (www.gamepressure.com)
About Sudden Strike 4 Game Guide
Author : Mateusz "Kozik" Kozik for gamepressure.com
last update : October 4, 2017
Guide contains : 11 pages.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of Sudden Strike 4 Game Guide
- General Tips for Sudden Strike 4 Sudden Strike 4 Guide.
- Infantry | Unit types Sudden Strike 4 Guide.
- Tanks and lightweight armored vehicles | Unit types Sudden Strike 4 Guide.
- Ammunition, fuel, repairs, vehicle capturing | Game Basics Sudden Strike 4 Guide.
- Mission 6 - Battle of Hurtgen Forest | Allied | Campaign Sudden Strike 4 Guide.
Sudden Strike 4 Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Kite Games
- publisher: Kalypso Media
- platform: PC, PS4