The most important gameplay aspect in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is exploration. The developers have prepared a lot of interesting locations, collectibles, enemies and easter eggs that are worth checking out. Exploration is the basis of Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order's gameplay. While exploring the world you can solve puzzles, encounter new opponents and reach many locations that aren't related to the main storyline.
- Game world
- Using terrain
- Secrets and collectibles
- Unexplored areas
- Closed passages
The world of Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order consists of five planets - Dathomir, Bogano, Zeffo, Kashyyyk and Ilum. Each of them has collectibles, puzzles and story missions.
You move between the planets with your ship. The hologram with planets is located near the ship's entrance. To travel to a different planet, simply select it on the galaxy map.
The map in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order is different than in most modern games. Below are some of the main features of the map that will help you use it during the game.
- The map is multi-level - you will have to move between them to explore all the zones. You have a lot of options to move between the levels (climbing, vines) meaning that you can freely move around the planets.
- You can open the map after you exit the ship - you can't use it inside the vessel. You have to go out to an area to check the map.
- The map shows the collectibles - in the upper left corner of the map you can see how many you need to collect on this planet, and in the lower-left corner you can check how many are still missing.
- Maps are divided into segments - this makes them easier to read. All you have to do is look at the map to see what part of the planet you are in.
- You can receive damage while checking the map - the game doesn't pause when you use it.
Many skills learned during the game affect the exploration. During the game, one of the skills is a double jump which will make it easier for you to overcome many obstacles.
- Force Push - allows you to push objects, change their positions so you can use them to climb to other areas of the map.
- Force Pull - thanks to this ability, you will be able to pull vines, which allows you to safely move over chasms.
- Double jump - this is ability is very helpful in exploration. Not only will you be able to look into previously inaccessible places, but in addition, you will also be able to use it in dangerous situations.
- Wall run - you can both run on them and climb. These skills will help you navigate the maps effectively.
If you want to learn more about the skills, when you get them and how to develop these abilities - check the List of powers and skills page.
Look around and use everything that seems usable. If you see vines on the wall then it means that you can climb them.
If the vine is hanging somewhere, you can use it to jump somewhere or climb it.
You can move objects marked with blue light. They can help you open a passage or solve a puzzle.
Secrets and collectibles
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order has various collectibles. You need to look carefully around to not miss anything. Each collectible you found will give you a handful of experience points.
Chests - they contain cosmetic items.
Secrets - thanks to them you can develop your character, for example, acquire more health/Force.
Echo - these collectibles will only give you a few experience points.
Plants - there are 10 seeds scattered among the planets. Find them to get new plants for your terrarium.
Encrypted logs - BD-1 can find them during exploration. They provide you with experience points.
Scans - they are the elements BD-1 wants to scan. Thanks to them, you develop your knowledge about the game's world and earn experience points.
If you don't see a specific on your map but you know that something is there, it means that you haven't discovered everything. Simply go to those areas and you will discover new parts of the planet.
In the upper left corner, you can check how much exploration you have to do.
During the transition between zones, you can unlock many shortcuts that will help you later in the game. You can untie vines, build bridges or open doors.
Many passages in Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order are locked. Most of them can be unlocked by BD-1 or by continuing the plot. Some of the closed doors, however, serve as shortcuts that have to be opened from the other side.