This page of the guide to Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has a strategy for the fight with Oggdo Bogdo, an optional boss found on Bogano.
You will learn where to find the boss, read about its attacks and check how to prepare for the fight.
Oggdo Bogdo's lair can be found in the starting part of Bogano. It is located near the place where you can solve an optional puzzle with a sphere and fans. The entrance to the cave is near one of stone ledges (see the picture).
The cave is very dark, but you can use the lightsaber as a flashlight.
Don't fight Oggdo Bogdo until you fulfill these requirements:
- You can heal the hero. Follow the main path until you reach the place where the game will play a cut-scene. This will allow you to heal the hero twice during a fight (or three if you find the yellow chest on Bogano).
- You bought Dash Strike ability. This charge is effective against Oggdo Bogdo and "regular" toads.
Start the fight by locking the camera on the boss to make it easier for you to react to its actions. The key to winning this fight is to dodge and roll. The boss' main attacks:
- Bitting - this can be a single or double attack.
- Leap forward (example in picture 1) - An unblockable red attack. You need to dodge it.
- Tongue attack (example in picture 2) - An unblockable red attack. If Cal is caught, the boss will pull him and deal a lot of damage. You can try to cut the boss' tongue with the lightsaber. Use the Force to slow the boss down immediately before it attacks you and then stand to the side to swing the lightsaber (deactivate the lock-on for a moment).
Attack the toad immediately after each dodged attack. You can:
- Use standard lightsaber attacks - Try to limit yourself to 2-3 attacks to make sure the boss won't attack you back.
- Use the Force to slow the boss down - You can use this Force power before Oggdo Bogdo finishes its attack.
- Use Dash Strike - The advantage of this attack is that you don't need to run to the boss. You can use this attack from a distance.
Heal the hero only when he has less than 1/3 of health. Before you heal, move away from the toad to avoid unnecessary damage.
Defeat Oggdo Bogdo to receive experience points. You will also be able to collect treasures in the lair - echo and a chest with loot.