Mystic Marsh is one of the first levels in Winter Tundra - the last homeworld in Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage. Below you can find our walkthrough for this level.
- What is required to complete this level in 100%?
- Challenge 1: Very versatile thieves!
- Challenge 2: Retrieve Professor's pencil
What is required to complete this level in 100%?
To complete Mystic Marsh in 100%, you have to do the following things:
- Collect 400 crystals
- Collect 3 orbs
The main part of the level gives you a lot of freedom - you need to collect 20 spirit particles to activate the Powerup Gate and reach the creature that has caused the problems in this location.
This means that you are free to explore the entire lower part of the level. Don't forget to dive in the river. There, you can find crystals and one of the enemies that will give you a spirit particle. Attack Puffing Platypuses only when they are deflated.
The platforms around the buildings are another good source of spirit particles. You can reach them by going through the teleport inside one of the buildings behind the bridge. These platforms will also lead you to a large glade with crystals and a well (it helps you avoid collecting 20 particles).
After collecting the required number of particles, use the gate. It will move you to the upper parts of the level. You appear near the Wizard (you can also reach this place by using the method described above). Speak with this NPC - you receive an orb. Also, the exit portal is now active.
Challenge 1: Very versatile thieves!
Basil, an explorer, is on a high platform near the level's exit. He informs you that someone has stolen his spark plugs. Spyro must retrieve them. The thieves' agility makes this challenge more difficult.
Attack them from a side or up front to change their direction - this can make the task easier for you. The thieves are in the following spots:
- Right of the place where you have started this challenge. Here, you can't change the thief's direction.
- In the cave above the glade - reach that place by jumping on platforms. This thief doesn't escape.
- Behind the first bridge, left of the starting location.
- On the platforms right next to the Spring Jump Powerup Gate. Approach it from the platforms - the thief will change his direction. This will lead him to a dead end.
Challenge 2: Retrieve Professor's pencil
Definitely the most peculiar challenge in Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage. Jump to the area left of the starting location, that can't be reached with any bridge. The Professor is inside the house. He asks you to find his pencil. He also gives you an egg. Do the following:
- Use the gate near the starting location - you will land near a bucket standing next to a nest. Jump on it and spit the egg at the nest.
- You get a seed. Bring it to the jumping pot on the glade, the one you can reach by jumping on platforms.
- You get rubber duck. Bring it to the ducks swimming in the river.
- You get another seed. This time, you have to take it to a cooking pot in the cave located above the glade, the one you reach by jumping on platforms.
- You receive a golden coin. Go to the well.
- Trade the coin for the Professor's pencil.