Sons of the Forest Guide
Eat, Pray, Survive Sons of the Forest guide is the best tips and tricks, for survival, crafting and combat. We describe all resources, companions, enemies, caves, crafting panel, building system, system requirements, controls.
Last update: Monday, March 13, 2023
The following Sons of the Forest guide is a complete compendium of knowledge about the latest survival game by Endnight Games. Here you will find all the most important information about the title. Thanks to them you will learn the most important mechanics of the game.
- Sons of the Forest: Guide content
- Sons of the Forest: Quick beginner's guide
- Sons of the Forest: Basics
- Sons of the Forest: Resources and crafting
- Sons of the Forest: Minimum PC system requirements
Sons of the Forest: Guide content
The guide opens with a description of the basic gameplay mechanics. There you will find pages about cannibals and mutants you encounter during the adventure. We have also described the AI companions. You will also learn where to find weapons such as a cross or a shotgun. We discuss the hero's vital parameters, such as energy, hunger, and temperature resistance.
In the second chapter of the guide, you will find information about resources and crafting. You will learn, among other things, how the crafting panel works. You will also learn about all aspects of the building system - things like making shelters or log processing. We have also described where to get a shovel and a can opener.
The guide ends with an appendix in which you will find system requirements, keybinds and information about the language versions.
We have also prepared an interactive map, where you will find the most important objects and locations. We published it here and on sonsoftheforestmap.com.
This guide is based on the Early Access version of the game.
Sons of the Forest: Quick beginner's guide
- Use Kelvin's help - your companion will follow your orders. Therefore, he can help you gather resources.
- Prepare before entering the caves - before you enter a cave, be sure to stock up on weapons, explosives, ammunition and medicines. Otherwise, the risk of death will be high.
- Take care of your needs - check your character's hunger, sleep and thirst gauges regularly, they are displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen. If you neglect any of these stats too much, your maximum stamina level will be lowered.
- Save ammo - you can't craft ammunition for firearms. You will find it while exploring the forest. Therefore, you must save it for critical situations.
- Use the backpack - you can't assign items to specific keyboard shortcuts. However, you can add items of your choice to your backpack for easier access.
More detailed information can be found on the Tips and tricks page.
Sons of the Forest: Basics
- Companions - this page contains a list of companions available in the game. You will also learn how to give them commands.
- List of all weapons - on this page, you will find a list of all weapons available in the game.
- Health and armor - here we described the health mechanics and what happens after the hero faints.
- Energy - your character gets tired over time. On this page, you will learn what to do when that happens.
- Food - hunger will be one of the biggest problems you face. Find out where to get food from here.
- Temperature - on this page, you will find useful tips on how to protect yourself from the cold.
- Keycards - here you will find the location of these plot-related items.
- Golden armor and mask - these two pieces of armor are necessary to complete the game.
- Cross - here we describe a rather specific, but very effective weapon.
- Navigation - on this page, you will learn how to efficiently move around the island.
- Location of the base - here you will find tips for making the base in the right location.
- Cannibals - on this page, you will find all types of cannibals in the game.
- Mutants - here you will find a list of mutants found in caves.
- Red Mask - an item that allows you to confuse cannibals.
Sons of the Forest: Resources and crafting
- Crafting - on this page, you will find an overview of the item crafting panel.
- Building - learn the basics of creating buildings in Sons of The Forest.
- Shovel - a necessary tool for finding other items.
- Bonfires - they are used not only to warm you up, but also to scare away enemies.
- Log processing - the game offers extensive log processing mechanics. Here you will find out exactly how it works.
- Can opener - this is the only tool that allows you to open cans. Here you will learn its location.
- Shelters - here you will learn more about building shelters.
- Tree shelters - sometimes it's worth building a house a little higher. On this page we describe how to do it.
- Flashlight - here we describe an item useful in caves.
- Storage - here you will learn about all types of furniture for storing items.
- Traps - on this page you will learn how to set traps to protect yourself from enemies.
- Tech Armor - here we describe how to get one of the best armors in the game.
- Shelter components - on this page we have described how to build a shelter yourself.
- Furniture - you can place all sorts of furniture in your base. Here you will find their list.
- Gardening - you can grow plants during your adventure. Here you will learn how.
- 3D printer - this tool allows you to create otherwise unavailable items.
Sons of the Forest: Minimum PC system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 3 3300X
- RAM: 12 GB
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB
- DirectX: version 11
- Disk space: 20 GB
You can read the full system requirements of Sons of the Forest on a separate page of the guide: System requirements.
About Sons of the Forest Guide
Author : Agnieszka "aadamus" Adamus for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : February 16, 2023
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Sons of the Forest Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Endnight Games
- publisher: Endnight Games
- platform: PC