Guide to Sniper Elite 4: Italia is a complete set of key information about this game. The main purpose of our guide is to help you complete the plot at the highest difficulty levels, where wind and gravity prevent easy targeting with sniper rifles. Our walkthrough includes a detailed description of all the main missions of the campaign. In our guide you will find a map of the location for each task, information about the mission objectives that have to be completed and tips on how to pass the challenges offered by the task.
Separate chapters contain information about secrets and collectibles, such as letters, figurines and other documents, as well as helpful weapons which can be found on the maps.
In our Sniper Elite 4 guide you will find a detailed walkthrough with many guidelines. It contains mainly valuable tips for beginners, which describe the unique mechanics of the game. In addition, the guide will help you learn more about the use of sniper rifles, weapon upgrades, sneaking around and changes in the game depending on the difficulty level you choose. The whole is complemented by a trophy guide, in which we described in detail all achievements / trophies of the basic campaign.
Sniper Elite 4: Italia is another installment of a shoot'em'up in stealth series, which allows you to play the role of a sniper during World War II. This time, the player has 8 levels at his disposal. Each level has completely different characteristics of the environment and you can complete it in various ways. The high difficulty levels have been designed to provide the highest possible level of realism, and the player has a lot of weapons, gadgets and traps at his disposal.
Patrick "YxU" Homa (www.gamepressure.com)
- Walkthrough and World Atlas of Sniper Elite 4
- Secrets / Collectibles in Sniper Elite 4
- All achievements and trophies in Sniper Elite 4
- How long does it take to complete Sniper Elite 4?
- Does Sniper Elite 4 have high system requirements?
- Do I have to play the previous parts of Sniper Elite beforehand?
- Guide for beginner snipers
- What versions of Sniper Elite 4 are available?
- Does Sniper Elite 4 have any plot choices and different endings?
- The game doesn't score any challenges - why?
- Minimal requirements
- Key bindings and controls in Sniper Elite 4
Walkthrough and World Atlas of Sniper Elite 4
In our Sniper Elite guide you will find a complete walkthrough for all 8 missions of the game's basic campaign. Each mission is a mini-chapter, which you may find on the following pages of our guide. Each section contains a map of the world atlas, a sub-chapter about completing challenges and descriptions of main and side mission objectives.
- Description of mission 1 - San Celini Island - As part of this task, Fairburne must murder Schmidt, among other things.
- Description of mission 2 - Bitanti Village - The hero has to locate the rebel's main hiding place, among other things.
- Description of mission 3 - Regilino Viaduct - Fairburne has to blow up a railway bridge during this task.
- Description of mission 4 - Lorino Dockyard - The hero has to destroy air defense headlights.
- Description of mission 5 - Abrunza Monastery - Fairburne must murder Pierro Capo, among other things.
- Description of mission 6 -Magazenno Facility - As part of this task you have to destroy the radar and the factory.
- Description of mission 7 - Giovi Fiorini Mansion - Fairburne must murder Mr Rothbauer, among many objectives of this mission.
- Description of mission 8 - Allagra Fortress - In this task the hero has to summon bombers and stop Bohm.
Secrets / Collectibles in Sniper Elite 4
The maps in Sniper Elite 4 hide a lot of collectibles. Our guide will help you to find 100% of secrets, which include various kinds of letters and documents, reports of snipers, or stone eagles.
- All secrets in mission 1 - San Celini Island
- All secrets in mission 2 - Bitanti Village
- All secrets in mission 3 - Regilino Viaduct
- All secrets in mission 4 - Lorino Dockyard
- All secrets in mission 5 - Abrunza Monastery
- All secrets in mission 6 - Magazenno Facility
- All secrets in mission 7 - Giovi Fiorini Mansion
- All secrets of mission 8 - Allagra Fortress
All achievements and trophies in Sniper Elite 4
Our Sniper Elite 4 trophy guide will help you get all the achievements / trophies available during the main campaign. The basic set of trophies in Sniper Elite 4 includes 38 bronze trophies, 10 silver trophies, 2 gold trophies and 1 platinum trophy.
Some particularly demanding or complex achievements are discussed in more detail on separate pages of our trophy guide:
- Gotta Cap 'em All trophy requires you to kill every type of opponent.
- Channel Changer trophy requires you to take control of the enemy held radio and capture it with just seconds remaining.
- Fire and Brimstone trophy consists in killing 5 enemies with one blow from the air.
- The Organ Grinder trophy requires you to shoot through every organ of human body.
How long does it take to complete Sniper Elite 4?
The amount of time needed to complete the game varies greatly depending on how you intend to play it, what additional activities you plan to deal with and whether you have access to additional missions:
- It can take you about 8-10 hours to complete the main campaign. This is based on the assumption that you chose one of the lower difficulty levels and did not avoid direct battles with your opponents.
- Completing the main campaign in stealth mode can take you up to about 15-20 hours. Stealth action and slow elimination of enemies is the recommended way to pass the game.
- It can take you 25-30 hours to complete the main campaign in 100 percent. In order to complete each mission in 100%, you must complete all the optional goals and find all the secrets.
- Completing the DLC (Target Fuhrer; Deathstorm 1-3) mission may take from a few to several hours. Again, a lot depends on whether you try to go through them quickly, or carefully eliminate enemies and thoroughly explore the area.
Does Sniper Elite 4 have high system requirements?
No, Sniper Elite 4 does not have high hardware requirements. Like the previous versions of the series, the game is also well optimized. It should run smoothly on both, a few year PCs and consoles.
The minimum system requirements of the game are very low:
- Processor: Intel Core i3-2100
- RAM: 4 GB
- Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD7870 with 2GB memory
- Operating system: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 - only 64-bit versions
- HDD space required: more than 50 GB
Recommended system requirements should also not pose a big problem:
- Processor: Intel Core i7 3770
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video card: Nvidia GTX 970 / AMD RX 480
- Operating system: Windows 7 / 8.1 / 10 - only 64-bit versions
- HDD space required: more than 50 GB
More information is available on the System Requirements page of our guide, where you will also find our game experience and the answer to the question whether you need an Internet connection to play the game.
Do I have to play the previous parts of Sniper Elite beforehand?
No, that's not necessary. In the following parts of the Sniper Elite series, Karl Fairburne remains the playable hero, although none of the games puts a very strong emphasis on the plot. This is no different for Sniper Elite 4. The most important thing is proper gameplay, i.e. sneaking around on maps, eliminating Nazis and fulfilling mission objectives.
If you like the sniper character of the game and you want to visit other interesting locations, we recommend you to take an interest in the following titles:
- Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - This is a refreshed version of the game from 2012, which includes some improvements in graphics. The action takes place entirely in Berlin. The game can be played on PC, PS4, XONE and Nintendo Switch.
- Sniper Elite III - this is part of a series in which Fairburne visits Africa. There are interesting maps to explore like oasis or ancient ruins. The game was released on several platforms - PS3, X360, PC, PS4 and XONE.
- Zombie Army Trilogy - This is a very interesting spin-off of the Sniper Elite series, in which we deal with the elimination of undead Nazis. The trilogy consists of three parts of the Nazi Zombie Army. You can play these on PC, PS4 and XONE.
Guide for beginner snipers
Our game guide should be especially helpful if it is your first contact with the Sniper Elite series or if it's been a long time since you played another part of the franchise. On separate pages of the manual we discussed many problematic issues:
- Starting Tips - A set of basic tips will tell you how to behave after a single shot, how to react to the actions of opponents, how to use the sounds of the environment for your own benefit, or how to gain experience points.
- Using silenced weapons - On this page we inform, among others, how to recognize if a weapon has a silencer and what are the advantages of using a stealth weapon with a suppressor. In addition, you will learn about the possibility of using special ammunition.
- Stealth and stealth kills - In Sniper Elite 4, playing missions in stealth mode is the recommended way to progress through the game. You will learn how to move around the map without triggering alarms and how to distract your opponents.
- Which difficulty level should I choose? - This is an important decision because it affects how easy (or how difficult) you can hit your opponents with a sniper rifle. We have comprehensively discussed all available difficulty levels.
- How to hit opponents? - It takes a lot of training to use a sniper weapon properly. From our guide you will learn: how to identify enemies with binoculars, how to aim at enemies, and what factors affect the trajectory of the bullet.
What versions of Sniper Elite 4 are available?
Sniper Elite 4 is available in two major versions:
1) Standard - it is offered in a retail and in digital form. It only guarantees access to the main campaign.
2) Digital Deluxe Edition - in addition to the main campaign, it also includes a season pass. A season pass includes the following items:
- 4 new missions - Target: Fuhrer and Deathstorm 1-3 mini-campaign
- 18 new weapons
- 9 new characters for multiplayer modes and cooperation mode
- 32 new weapon skins
You can also purchase your season pass separately - the game will automatically update and unlock all items reserved for Digital Deluxe Edition.
If you received Sniper Elite 4 as part of the Xbox Game Pass or PlayStation Plus (PS+) service for "free", you will only have access to the basic campaign. Tasks included in the season pass must be purchased separately.
Does Sniper Elite 4 have any plot choices and different endings?
No, Sniper Elite 4 does have any option to make choices during the main plot. Also, there is only one ending available. Campaign missions must be carried out in a top-down order. What's more, even if you don't perform some optional tasks in a given mission, it won't have any influence on the course of the next mission.
It is worth noting that Sniper Elite 4 offers a lot of freedom in the subject of how to play through the mission. Each mission takes place on a huge sandbox map that you can explore as much as you want. This allows you to reach the mission objectives from different sides and perform the received orders, e.g. by relying on surprise attacks or traps. Each map has a lot of additional activities waiting for you - for example, you can do optional tasks or search for collectibles.
The game doesn't score any challenges - why?
In our walkthrough we inform about the challenges related with each of the missions (e.g. killing x enemies from hiding or completing a task without taking damage), although they do not appear on the list of objectives when you complete the game for the first time. This is not a result of an error, but a deliberate action on the part of the game's developers.
Challenges become available only when the mission is played again. This means that you can ignore them completely during your first run through the game, because even if you meet their objectives, they will not be counted yet. The game follows the challenges only in the second and subsequent re-takes of the same mission.
- CPU: Intel Core i3-2100
- Ram: 4 GB
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon HD7870 with 2 GB RAM
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 - only 64-bit
- HDD required: over 50 GB
Key bindings and controls in Sniper Elite 4
The following table shows the main key bindings for the PC version of Sniper Elite 4. You will find the full key bindings in a separate chapter of our guide called "Controls". It also provides information on controls for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Run - Remember that you generate more noise when you run
Crouch / Crawl - is the best way to avoid detection in the open area or when you're standing near enemies
Shoot / Mark with binoculars
Zoom in-zoom out
Weapon selection menu
Stealth assassination - you have to find yourself behind the opponent whom you plan to get rid of quietly
Climb / Focused shot
Binoculars - it is very useful in identifying opponents
Quick save / load - we recommend to use it very often This will protect you from possible complications in case you miss or find yourself unexpectedly targeted by an enemy sniper.
About Sniper Elite 4 Game Guide
Author : Patrick "yxu" Homa for gamepressure.com
last update : February 22, 2017
Guide contains : 80 pages, 242 images, 16 maps and annotated illustrations.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of Sniper Elite 4 Game Guide
- Map and challenges | Mission 1 San Celini Island in Sniper Elite 4 Sniper Elite 4 Guide.
- Mission 1: San Celini Island | Collectibles in Sniper Elite 4 Sniper Elite 4 Guide.
- Mission 6: Magazzeno Facility | Collectibles in Sniper Elite 4 Sniper Elite 4 Guide.
- Mission 7: Giovi Fiorini Mansion | Collectibles in Sniper Elite 4 Sniper Elite 4 Guide.
- Map and challenges | Mission 2 Bitanti Village in Sniper Elite 4 Sniper Elite 4 Guide.
Sniper Elite 4 Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Rebellion
- publisher: Rebellion
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE
Sniper Elite 4 is the fourth installment of the popular first-person tactical shooters in which we assume the role of a trained sniper who fights on different fronts of the World War II. The production was developed by Rebellion – a British studio. Contrary to many contemporary titles in the genre, the Sniper Elite series puts a much greater emphasis on realistic recreation of bullet trajectory and behavior.
In Sniper Elite 4, we assume the role of Karl Fairburne, the protagonist of the previous installments of the series, who is sent from North Africa to the Apennine Peninsula
In Sniper Elite 4 our task is to eliminate subsequent targets as efficiently as possible. The players have complete freedom in choosing whether to eliminate them from afar or otherwise. The vast sandbox levels let us be creative in this respect. While moving, we have to be wary of German patrols as well as military installations and vehicles. The maps depict Nazi fortresses, picturesque Italian towns, forests, and monasteries. The story campaign can be played either solo or in cooperation mode for two players.
Sniper Elite 4 PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Intel Core i7-3770 3.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, graphic card 4 GB GeForce GTX 970/Radeon RX 480 or better, Windows 7 64-bit
Minimum: Intel Core i3-2100 3.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, graphic card 2 GB GeForce GTX 660/Radeon HD 7870 or better, Windows 7/8.1/10 64-bit
More About Sniper Elite 4
Lately, World War II seems to have been forgotten by game developers, but the bad times may be over with the upcoming Call of Duty: WWII. Here’s our list of Top 10 best games set during World War II.