The game guide to Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts is a comprehensive guidebook which describes all features of new video game developed by Polish CI Games studio. In the guide, you will find practical tips and detailed description of all game mechanics, such as - combat and information on how to defeat enemies, how to complete various missions and contracts, as well as how to effectively explore the map. Also, the guide contains starting tips to help you with the beginning of your adventure. We explain the character development system, along with advice concerning available skills and abilities. An important part of our guidebook is a complete walkthrough - it contains a description of all main and side quests, as well as description of contracts that can be performed during or between various missions. We have prepared a set of advice on what you have to do in order to complete missions efficiently. Additionally, in dedicated chapters of our guide we provide information about collectibles, which were enriched with screenshots that may help you in finding them. The guide concludes with an appendix section which describes system requirements, controls section (on all available platforms), as well as a trophy guide and information on how to unlock every achievement in the game.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts is the fourth installment of the Sniper: Ghost Warrior series developed by the Polish CI Games studio. This time the players are sent to Siberia, where more targets have to be eliminated. The gameplay is no different from the previous parts of the franchise - there is still no room for dynamic action here, which is the main domain of classic FPS. The player takes on the role of the title sniper, who gets to the enemy territory with the task of eliminating specific targets. The hero is unable to kill groups of enemies on his own, so the game focuses on stealth action. You will have to sneak up and silently eliminate enemy soldiers. The new installment of the series differs from the previous one (Sniper Ghost Warrior 3), because the feature of open world was abandoned here. Instead of free roam, you will have to complete limited linear levels with specific objectives and targets. A pure novelty in the series is the contracts system - it allows you to participate in additional tasks that can be undertaken during main missions. The game has a single player and multiplayer gameplay modes.
- 10 valuable tips for a good start
- What to do if enemy detects you?
- Is there an open world in the game?
- Does the game have a multiplayer mode?
- Why do marks on enemies disappear?
- Why does the drone suddenly stops working?
- Why can't I hit the target?
- Are there any achievements or trophies in the game?
- Minimum system requirements
10 valuable tips for a good start
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts is not the easiest game to play, so we've prepared a list of starting tips to help you get into the game's world:
- Eliminate enemies at a distance - the main character is a sniper, and his main weapon is a sniper rifle, which gains in effectiveness as the distance to the target increases.
- Don't get detected - in many situations this will trigger an alarm, and player's character is not very resistant to damage received from enemies.
- Takedown your enemies silently - choose a convenient location, explore the area with binoculars and eliminate targets so no one will discover the corpse.
- Eliminate enemies in melee combat and interrogate them if possible. When you approach a target, you will be able to eliminate it with a takedown (melee attack). Additionally, if you approach an enemy from behind, you will be able to interrogate your target - this may result in, for example, the discovery of nearby enemies.
- Learn how to shoot from a sniper rifle - it is worth repeating the training stage a few times. The shooting mechanics has been described in a separate chapter of this guide.
- ALWAYS shoot at enemy's head - headshots will kill most enemies with one bullet. Remember that your enemies will be able to withstand up to three shots in the torso!
- Remove dead bodies from the sight of enemy forces. If possible, try to move dead enemy bodies to more discreet places like bushes - this will reduce the chance of an enemy finding a fallen companion (such events may trigger an alarm).
- Use special ammo for sniper rifles - these may give you various additional effects, such as ignoring the impact of the distance and wind strength. For another example, you may be able to hit enemies hiding behind a cover.
- Use Mask Mode - this mode is unlocked at the beginning of the game and it helps you in locating various items or objects of interest, such as lootable corpses or items that can be collected.
- Develop your hero - as part of the development process you can buy new weapons and unlock new special abilities to improve your character's performance on the battlefield.
What to do if enemy detects you?
If you have been noticed and traced by your enemy, then you have two options. The first option is to eliminate all enemy units in the area - once you do this, the situation will calm down (there won't be any enemy units looking for you). The second option is simply to escape - sometimes it is better to absquatulate and get away from the scene for a few tens of meters and/or hide in bushes or special crates. Enemies will stop chasing you after a while. After that, you will be able to get out of hiding.
Is there an open world in the game?
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts, unlike the previous part - Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3, does not have an open world. Instead, 5 large locations were made available to players. Each location offers unique contracts, challenges, and collectibles.
Does the game have a multiplayer mode?
At the time of game's release (November 22, 2019), the title didn't have any multiplayer mode. However, the developers of CI Games have announced that this mode will be released in December 2019, in the upcoming update.
Why do marks on enemies disappear?
During the game you will constantly mark enemies-whether with binoculars, mask mode or your drone. In some places, however, your marks on the enemies will disappear after only a few seconds. This will mean that the enemy has deployed a jammer - a device that will "remove" the marks from the enemies in the area. To neutralize the effect, you will need to destroy the jammer - you just need to shoot through the control panel located on its side.
Why does the drone suddenly stops working?
As with disappearing markers on soldiers, the enemy can also deploy a different type of jammer. It negatively affects your drone. From a long distance it will interfere with the device, distorting the image and hindering the use of the gadget. If you, however, get to close to the jammer, the drone will simply be damaged, turning it off and forcing you to wait some time before it can be used again. There is nothing you can do about it - this type of jammer cannot be deactivated in any way.
Why can't I hit the target?
If you are shooting at an enemy a few hundreds meters away and you cannot hit him, you are probably setting the weapon's sights incorrectly. The bullet is affected both by the distance to the target (as it will fall due to gravity), as well as by the wind (causing the bullet's trajectory to be altered). The shooting process is described thoroughly in a separate section of this manual.
Are there any achievements or trophies in the game?
Yes, Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts has a total of 40 achievements/trophies. Achievements / trophies are available on all platforms - PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Minimum system requirements
The game features detailed graphics, with most of the action taking place in open areas. Despite this, however, the title does not require a high-end PC and the following equipment is sufficient to ran the game at lower graphics settings:
- Operating system: Windows 7 (64bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i3-3240 3.4 GHz / AMD FX-6350 3.9 GHz
- RAM: 8GB
- Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / AMD Radeon 7870 (2GB)
- HDD/SSD: 20GB free space
About Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts Guide
Author : Jakub "jbugielski" Bugielski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Filip "Mithgandir" Liebert
last update : November 21, 2019
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: CI Games / City Interactive
- publisher: CI Games / City Interactive
- platform: PC, XONE, PS4
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts is the fourth entry in the Sniper: Ghost Warrior series developed by Polish company CI Games. This time, the players are taken to Siberia, where they must eliminate marked targets.
Similarly to the previous entries in the series, Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts lacks fast-paced action typical for classic first-person shooters. The players assume the role of the titular sniper and they enter the enemy territory with the task of killing specific targets. The protagonist isnít a typical commando that can single-handedly kill hordes of enemies. Because of that, avoiding detection by sneaking past enemies or by eliminating them silently is of key importance.
Contrary to Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3, the game lacks an open world. The developers focused on a more limited, compressed experience. Instead of a sandbox exploration, the game features closed missions with pre-determined targets. However, more freedom was given when it comes to the missions themselves Ė they can be completed by using various methods. Environmental dangers that can threaten the infiltration are a novelty as well.
Contract system is an important novelty. The players are awarded a specific amount of cash for completing missions, but they can also complete side objectives and receive a bonus. Each contract can be completed many times. This enables the players to earn more cash and to try different approaches to completing missions.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts features both singleplayer campaign and multiplayer mode.
The developers of Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts havenít implemented any revolutionary changes to the visuals of the game when compared to Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3. Instead, they focused on improving the performance of the game, including shortening the loading times.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz / AMD Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, graphic card 4 GB GeForce GTX 970 / Radeon RX 580X or better, 20 GB HDD, Windows 8.1/10 64-bit
Minimum: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz / AMD FX-6350 3.9 GHz, 8 GB RAM, graphic card 2 GB GeForce GTX 760 / Radeon HD 7870 or better, 20 GB HDD, Windows 7/8.1/10 64-bit