Advancing to higher ranks (experience levels) in Sniper Elite 5 can unlock new skills. On this page of the guide, you will find advice on how to level up a character quickly (exploit XP) and general information on what types of activities allow you to accumulate XP.
- Destroying vehicles and attacking enemy groups
- Exploit XP - repeating attacks on the same enemies
- Completing main and side quests
Destroying vehicles and attacking enemy groups
The game rewards you with XP for each defeated opponent and machine destroyed. How the enemy was eliminated or the machine destroyed is essential because you will receive a significant bonus experience for some actions. Here are some important tips:
- Attack groups of enemies using e.g. grenades or explosive elements from the environment. A single attack can earn you XP for each enemy in your group you kill.
- Destroy more advanced enemy machines - mainly tanks or armored vehicles. This requires more effort, but XP will be correspondingly higher.
- Stunning opponents instead of killing them may result in more XP for the same attack. You can perform takedowns or use firearms with stun ammunition.
- Shoot from long distance and stealth - thanks to this, you can receive bonuses for Long Distance and Ghost Kill, and optionally for using the scope, empty lungs feature, or masking shots.
Exploit XP - repeating attacks on the same enemies
You can use the knowledge from the previous points using a trick to eliminate the same enemies or machines multiple times. It is possible because the game saves XP status for each successful attack immediately after its execution, and you will not lose it despite pausing the game and loading an old save.
Here's what you need to do:
- Reach a place where you can attack a group of enemies or an "elite" vehicle.
- Save the game - it has to be a manual save.
- Perform an attack that will reward you with a large amount of XP.
- Pause the game and load your last save. This will allow you to repeat the same attack and accumulate XP. It will be added to the XP you got from the previous attack.
The same technique is also useful for unlocking trophies requiring repetitive activities - for example, killing X enemies using a trap or a specific type of weapon.
Completing main and side quests
You can also get experience points for main and optional mission objectives (side quests and Kill List Targets). You can receive several hundred or even 1000-2000 XP for completing a task. This should motivate you to try to complete 100% of the quests available in a given stage.
Unfortunately, the reward for completing the quest is given only once. You cannot use the trick with saving the game, receiving XP, and reloading the previous game state.