In the story campaign of Sniper Elite 5, you can complete 9 missions - 8 main ones and 1 in epilogue. Our guide lists all the available stages, as well as all the mission objectives (for main quests, side quests, objectives from the list), which we have described in more detail on dedicated pages of the walkthrough.
All story missions
A total of 9 missions await you in the core Sniper Elite 5 game (not including the DLC content). 8 of them are big stages played on large open maps, where you can spend a lot of time. The ninth mission is a shorter epilogue quest that allows you to assassinate the game's main antagonist in several different ways.
Mission 1 - The Atlantic Wall
- Map of mission 1 and description of location - This page contains the map of Colline Sur Mer from mission 1. We marked important places on it (incl. radar, resistance hideout, enemy structures) as well as the locations of secrets and collectibles.
- Securing the beach and helping the resistance movement - You will learn how to destroy the floodlights, how to safely cross the beach and how to save a friend from the resistance.
- Disarming the radar - Our walkthrough describes the 2 main methods of destroying the radar - using explosives or sabotaging the power supply.
- Retrieving resistance intel - You will learn where the resistance hideout is, how to properly infiltrate it and where to find the safe with intelligence data.
- Meeting with Charlie and evacuating - Our walkthrough explains where the mission ends by default and how to safely reach the evacuation zone.
- Side quests - This page describes 3 side quests related to destroying fortifications on the shore, artillery and anti-air defense.
- Kill List Target - Steffen Beckendorf - You will learn where Steffen Beckendorf is, and how to kill him with an explosion to unlock a bonus weapon.
Mission 2 - Occupied Residence
- Map of mission 2 and description of the location - This page has the map of the Chateau along with the adjacent areas from mission 2. We marked important places on it (incl. 3 different paths leading to the Chateau) as well as the locations of secrets and collectibles.
- Infiltrating Moller's office - Our walkthrough shows how to get to the Chateau, how to properly infiltrate the main mission building and where to find the office.
- Entering the office and finding Moller's secrets - We included 3 methods of reaching Moller's office. You will also learn how to unlock a secret room.
- Evacuation - You will learn how to get to the evacuation zone without being detected by snipers and other enemies.
- Retrieving stole antiques - This page describes the only side quest which is about finding and recovering 3 stolen antiques.
- Kill List Target - Friedrich Kummler - Learn where Friedrich Kummler is in the Chateau, and how to get a bonus weapon by killing him with a chandelier.
Mission 3 - Spy Academy
- Map of mission 3 and location description - This page has the map of Beaumont-Saint-Denis. It includes, among others, dangerous locations with snipers, main areas related to mission objectives and places where you can find secrets and collectibles.
- Determining the meeting place - Our walkthrough tells you how to get to the upper levels of the fort, how to avoid enemy snipers in the area, and how to find out about the meeting location.
- Eavesdropping on the meeting and obtaining data on Kraken - You will learn how to sneak near the meeting point at the top of the cathedral, how to eavesdrop on the meeting without being noticed and how to obtain intel.
- Stopping the spy training - side mission - This page describes the only side mission in which you will have to kill the officer responsible for training your opponents.
- Evacuation - You will learn how to safely get out of the fort and reach the boat moored on the outskirts of the map.
- Kill List Target - Fabian Richter - Our walkthrough explains where the target of the mission is and how to kill Fabian Richter by performing a takedown (obtaining a bonus weapon).
Mission 4 - War Factory
- Map of mission 4 and location description - We have prepared a high-quality map of the Martressac factory. It shows all the most important factory buildings related to the various main and optional mission objectives. It also shows the locations of secrets and collectibles.
- Infiltration and exploration of the factory - We have prepared tips on how to get to the factory (all 3 main paths) and how to act while searching it (e.g. avoiding or destroying the armored vehicle).
- Factory sabotaging - On one common page, we've outlined all of the main mission objectives that involve destroying the refinery and the furnace, as well as finding the Kraken's cargo manifest. You will have to visit various buildings on the map.
- Side quests - On this page, we have discussed 2 available side quests in which the hero has to destroy the steelworks and the generator.
- Kill List Target - Matthaus Ehrlich - Our walkthrough tells you where the target of the mission is and how to murder Matthaus Ehrlich using a rat bomb (the reward for completing the challenge is a unique weapon).
Mission 5 - Festung Guernsey
- Map of mission 5 and location description - This page contains the map of Guernsey. We have marked various German fortifications and other important locations on it. Apart from that, you will learn about the location of secrets and collectibles.
- Finding the Stealth Plates - The Stealth Plates are the main objective of the mission and finding them is related to the infiltration of two locations on the island - the underground hospital and the Hidden Facility.
- Destroying the Kraken prototype - You have to destroy the submarine in the secret facility. Our walkthrough covers all 3 ways to do it.
- Neutralizing the Mirus battery - This is the main objective of the mission in the northern part of Guernsey. In the walkthrough, we presented 3 ways to sabotage the battery.
- Side quests - This page contains walkthroughs for 2 side quests that involve stopping the construction of the second Mirus battery and disrupting radio communication.
- Kill List Target - Lanzo Baumann - Our walkthrough tells you where exactly Lanzo Baumann is and how to kill him by burying him in concrete.
Mission 6 - Liberation
- Map of mission 6 and location description - On this page, you will find the map of Desponts Sur Douve with several towns and roads connecting them. We inform about the most important locations on the map, as well as places where you can find collectibles and secrets.
- Liberation of the southern town - During this main objective, you have to neutralize the Nazi fortifications by, e.g. destroying an armored car.
- Securing the crossing - We have described 2 available paths. The western path runs through the town and involves eliminating 3 snipers, and the eastern path runs across the bridge and requires you to defuse the bombs.
- Liberation of the northern town - In the northern part of the map, you must first destroy the barricade and then destroy the enemy Tiger tank, which is more durable than other tanks.
- Side missions - Our walkthrough for mission 6 includes all 3 side missions concerning e.g. finding a radio operator and destroying anti-aircraft guns.
- Kill List Target - Jaan Trautmann - Learn how to sneak into the mansion of the mission target in the western part of the map, as well as how to kill Jaan Trautmann with poison.
Mission 7 - Secret Weapon
- Map of mission 7 and location description - In our guide, you will find a map of Massif Central with important enemy buildings for research and V2 rockets tests marked on it. In addition, the map shows the locations of secrets and collectibles.
- Bypass the checkpoints - The checkpoints separate the northern and southern parts of the map. Our guide explains why the outposts are dangerous and lists alternate paths to the northern constructions and main mission objectives.
- Sabotaging the V2 rocket installation - you must complete the main objectives regarding the V2 rockets production and testing. You can complete them in different areas in the northern part of the map.
- Infiltrating the Dome - The Dome is the largest building on the map, found in its northern part. Our walkthrough explains how to infiltrate the Dome and find info on Operation Kraken.
- Side missions - There are three side objectives in mission 7, all of them described here. You'll learn how to obtain intel about supply lines, investigate the Weapons Lab and destroy the castle radio tower.
- Kill List Target - Christian Jungers - our walkthrough explains where to find Christian Jungers and how to kill him by dropping the V2 rocket onto him (optional challenge).
Mission 8 - Rubble and Ruin
- Map of mission 8 and location description - Our guide contains a map of the ruined Saint Nazaire, which shows important locations in the city and the U-boat base. We have marked the locations of secrets and collectibles on the map.
- Infiltrate the U-boat base - This is the main objective of the mission, which forces you to locate a secret passage through the sewers to get to the seemingly inaccessible submarine base.
- Destroy U-boats and Kraken - You have to destroy submarines in the base - first you have to sabotage 3 smaller U-boats and then destroy the Kraken.
- Side quest - In mission 8, there is only 1 side quest to complete. You have to disrupt radio communication by sabotaging it near the church.
- Kill List Target - Shinji Yoshikawa - Our walkthrough explains where to find Shinji, as well as how to shoot Yoshikawa with the appropriate weapon (Type 100 or Type 14 Nambu) for the optional challenge.
Mission 9 (epilogue) - Unfinished business
- Kill Abelard Moller - Our walkthrough describes the only goal of the final stage of the campaign - shooting Moller. You will learn where the main antagonist is and how to eliminate him in the easiest way. We also inform about the game's ending.
Basic information about completing the missions
An important feature of Sniper Elite 5 is that you can prepare for each mission, which is primarily about the choice of weapons and equipment. In the missions with large open spaces, for example, a sniper rifle with a good scope can be useful, while missions with many enemy vehicles promote using mines and explosives.
You can start a mission in one of several available entry points. When passing a stage for the first time, the starting point is always imposed. There's an opportunity to unlock alternative starting locations and use them during the subsequent attempts. They can, for example, help you get closer to one of the main objectives of the mission.
The game keeps track of collectibles and secrets. To complete a given mission in 100%, you need to find a given item only once. It will not be necessary to reach it again while repeating the mission.
For completing each mission, you can be awarded a maximum score of 3 stars:
- The first star is awarded for completing side mission objectives (one or more).
- The second star is awarded simply for completing the main objectives of the mission.
- The third star is awarded for eliminating a target from the list in a manner required by the game (e.g. knocking them down or orchestrating an "unfortunate accident").
Completing missions also involves unlocking various rewards. These can be, among others, new weapons available in subsequent missions, new gadgets and equipment modifications, or medals for your collection. Of course, you can also accumulate XP and advance to new experience levels.