Colossi are the only enemy found in the game. You need to defeat them in the given order. The combat requires you to discover their vital points that take the form of skin cracks or markings.
- Hitting these spots is the only viable method of hitting your opponent.
- You can charge your attacks to deal more damage, but your attack may be interrupted by your opponent.
- Every weak spot can take a certain amount of damage, which is mainly dependent on the chosen difficulty level.
- A marking becomes inactive after taking a certain amount of damage (it shines only when you are nearby with an equipped sword).
- A crack does not stop being lit - switch to a new target when the colossus' health bar no longer decreases.
- Your bow is mainly used to distract and enrage your opponent.
- You can charge your jumps when grabbed onto your opponent.
- You can find weak spots by discovering them with your sword (R1) (does not work on every opponent). The walkthrough also contains the list of all weak spots for each opponent.
- You can perform dodges by pressing the roll button (O) or by jumping (X). Moreover, you can jump when an opponent throws a strike at you to avoid the "shockwave" that hits the ground nearby.
Your every opponent will require climbing. Make your way to weak spots and continue dealing damage. Monitor your strength level (yellow circle), as your hero will release his hold when the circle disappears. Charging an attack and hanging onto an opponent takes a lot of strength, however, the gauge will be replenished swiftly if you manage to catch a break. If you release your hold and fall down to the ground, you'll receive some damage. You'll be taken to the starting point (the castle in the middle of the map) after each successful fight.