Folding Screen Monkeys are the unique enemies that you will have to hunt down and eliminate after a sufficient progress in the main storyline of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. On this page of the guide we will show you how to find monkeys and how to track them.
- How to move into illusion with Folding Screen Monkeys?
- Green monkey
- Purple monkey
- Orange monkey
- Invisible monkey
- Leaving The Hall Of Illusions
How to move into illusion with Folding Screen Monkeys?
Below we have prepared a list of the most important steps by which you can go to the Halls of Illusion and thus lead to confrontation with the Folding Screen Monkeys.
- The defeat of Genichiro on the roof of Ashina Castle.
- Meeting Kuro in his room at the castle.
- Meeting with Isshin Ashina in one of the upper buildings of the castle and learning about the Mortal Blade.
- A second conversation with Kuro, this time about the Mortal Blade.
- Access to the Senpou Temple - information about the proposed route you will find on the page How to reach the Senpou Temple?.
- Pass through the main part of The Senpou Temple area and reach the sculptor idol in the Main Hall.
- Interact with the bell left on the altar (the altar is shown in the attached picture).
After a short cut-scene you will find yourself in the Halls of Illusion. From the screens visible to the hero you will learn that:
- You must hunt down and kill the monkey in the purple kimono.
- You have to hunt down and kill the monkey in the orange kimono.
- You have to hunt down and kill the monkey in the green kimono.
- You must hunt down and kill the invisible monkey.
At the time of arrival at Illusion Halls, you will receive Illusive Hall Bell. You can optionally install it in the skill bar. After using it, the hero and the monkeys will return to their original spots (except for those monkeys that you managed to kill from the moment you arrived at the Halls of Illusion).
Before you go on a quest, you can talk to the monk and learn from him about unique features of each monkey (for example, sensitive hearing). You can also explore the area in advance. In some buildings you will find hints on how to trap the monkeys to make it easier to kill them.
Monkeys can be killed in any order. You do not need to choose the order described in our guide. In the Halls of Illusions you will also meet "ordinary" monkeys. You can ignore them, and they are not able to warn the main enemies.
Monkey has a great hearing, thanks to which it can be warned if someone approaches even in stealth mode.
Get to a large central tree with grappling hook, so that this monkey will rush to run. Now reach the bell shown in the image and interact with it.
The loud sound of the bell will temporarily stun the monkey. Quickly get to a small shelf just above the bell, where the monkey escaped. Perform a fatal blow on it.
Monkey has excellent vision, thanks to which it can see the hero from a very long distance.
Find a large side room where you can open the door from the above image. The wind will extinguish all surrounding light sources and the darkness will come.
Frighten the monkeys, by showing yourself. The purple monkey will run away into the unlit room. Since she can't see the hero, you can easily get close to her and make a fatal blow.
This monkey is able to warn the remaining ones with its cry and make them run away. If any of the other monkeys escape to an inconvenient location, you can "return them" to their original residing spot by using the illusion bell.
The monkey can be killed in a rather spectacular way. It travels on roofs and leaves a trace of fire. After discovering her whereabouts try to sneak behind her to execute a fatal blow. She does not have superior hearing, so it is very possible.
This is the easiest monkey to kill. Use the illusion bell to teleport to the starting point. Turn 180 degrees and perform a few strokes at random. Monkey was hiding... behind the hero and is very easy to kill.
Leaving The Hall Of Illusions
As a reward for the elimination of all four Monkeys, you will receive a trophy, memory (increased attack power), as well as a new Puppeteer Ninjutsu technique. In addition, after you get to the Inner Sanctum you can meet with the Divine Child of Rejuvenation and take away from him a very important story item - Mortal Blade.
The game allows you to return to halls of illusion by interacting with the light pole. You can use this later in the game, for example, to meet the monk Kotaro again.